Egg Nog - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Egg Nog

View Poll Results: Do you like egg nog?
Yes. Great stuff. It makes the holidays for me. 18 42.86%
Yes, but only if it's laced with brandy, bourbon or rum. 13 30.95%
I could take it or leave it. It's okay. 1 2.38%
Vile stuff. I can hardly stand to look at it. 6 14.29%
I prefer beer. (Must have beer option) 4 9.52%
Other......... 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 05:23 AM   #11
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7102 Times on 4275 Posts
Likes Given: 8609

It's so thick.........it's like drinking Elmer's glue. Ick.

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 11-27-2012, 05:33 AM   #12

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

It's how dad and I get through dealing with some of the family during the holidays. A gallon of egg nog and a bottle of SOCO usually does the trick

Old 11-27-2012, 05:54 AM   #13

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Has anyone tried the Southern Comfort Egg Nog? It's non-alcoholic but Southern Comfort makes it. It's like drinking melted ice cream. I thinks it's good in extreme moderation.

-Matt

orangello Likes This 
Old 11-27-2012, 07:04 AM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

as a child when we went to family Christmas parties, there were always two different egg nogs, adult and non-adult egg nogs! i learned from an early age the adult version was much better!

Old 11-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #15

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

I have one before bed almost every night from Thanksgiving through New Years.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #16
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

No Nog, thats gross crap! Kinda like the fruitcake, not all that edible but a must have in the back of every refrigerator this time of year (Although I do like Claxton Fruitcake!). Good Beer is General Fare but I do love a touch of my Gentleman Jack when I get laid back in my Library!

Short story- I met a kind soul on this Gunboard when I first joined and helped link her up with the gun dealer at a World Renowned Auction House to sell her Dads very Rare Cased Webley Fosbery. Dug up some possible Provenance on the piece, did some bridging and it sold pretty well (Over 20K). She re-payed me by first sending me a bottle of Gentleman Jack Before the Auction, then a couple weeks ago a Bottle of Single Barrel Jack came in the mail! She is such a doll, I couldnt believe my eyes! Who says their isnt a Santa, her name is Kim!

Think about this a moment folks, I did what I did for Kim just because, I didnt seek any profit or gifts, honestly, I just enjoyed the conversation with someone about something we both appreciated, the WF! Her gifts were plenty generous and totally unnecessary but she's a gem and took the time to say thanks in a special way!

That bottle is sitting on my bookshelf waiting for the Christmas Spirit to strike me and it will, I cant wait! I hope it hits y'all also even if your drinking that yucky Nog-Nog Goo!

Old 11-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #17

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I like it with a moderate splash of Captain Morgan after dinner or lunch or..... But I still like beer better

The ladies like their Mimosas for Christmas brunch, I changed it for the guys a few years ago and we have Orange shine. It seems to keep everyone on the happy side.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I like a bit of the nog; i like it with or without alcohol. I do NOT like buttermilk! The other day i poured myself a little glass of the nog at mom's house (non-alcoholic nog) and apparently confused the carton for buttermilk with the egg nog carton, GAG-O-MAGGOT.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #19

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Always look forward to the time of year when the nog is available! I do have to do it in moderation, DAMN is there a lot of calories and fat in that stuff! And even though I have a lactose tolerance problem I still enjoy it. For me there has to be some brandy in it with fresh ground nutmeg on top.

Albert Einstein "The important thing is not to stop questioning"

Old 11-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #20
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7102 Times on 4275 Posts
Likes Given: 8609

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
No Nog, thats gross crap! Kinda like the fruitcake, not all that edible but a must have in the back of every refrigerator this time of year (Although I do like Claxton Fruitcake!). Good Beer is General Fare but I do love a touch of my Gentleman Jack when I get laid back in my Library!

Short story- I met a kind soul on this Gunboard when I first joined and helped link her up with the gun dealer at a World Renowned Auction House to sell her Dads very Rare Cased Webley Fosbery. Dug up some possible Provenance on the piece, did some bridging and it sold pretty well (Over 20K). She re-payed me by first sending me a bottle of Gentleman Jack Before the Auction, then a couple weeks ago a Bottle of Single Barrel Jack came in the mail! She is such a doll, I couldnt believe my eyes! Who says their isnt a Santa, her name is Kim!

Think about this a moment folks, I did what I did for Kim just because, I didnt seek any profit or gifts, honestly, I just enjoyed the conversation with someone about something we both appreciated, the WF! Her gifts were plenty generous and totally unnecessary but she's a gem and took the time to say thanks in a special way!

That bottle is sitting on my bookshelf waiting for the Christmas Spirit to strike me and it will, I cant wait! I hope it hits y'all also even if your drinking that yucky Nog-Nog Goo!
What a very nice story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I like a bit of the nog; i like it with or without alcohol. I do NOT like buttermilk! The other day i poured myself a little glass of the nog at mom's house (non-alcoholic nog) and apparently confused the carton for buttermilk with the egg nog carton, GAG-O-MAGGOT.
Buttermilk should only be used for baking. I don't like it, either. Couldn't you see the difference in consistency when you poured it? I don't like drinking buttermilk but I love buttermilk pancakes, buttermilk biscuits, etc.