Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Economics sucks!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Economics sucks!

Today, thinking in travel to the states in a few monts ahead, I was planning in buy a new digital camera, and a LCD HD TV.... to my surprise when I click the Circuit City link in my favorites, BANG! they are going out of business!!! OMG! I'm a tourist that visit the USA regularly since I was a kid ...and this news is disturbing for me... the computer from I'm writing this post, my TV, digital camera, home teather, video camera... all came from a Circuit City but the reality some times it's hard to swalow... when I was there in September last year I can't imagine what was coming... always we had a Circuit City nerby (I don't like the Best Buy store I don't know why)... It's a sad news for me... bye Firedogs! (+30.000 new unemployees)
It's hard to think how a company like Circuit City will disapear, like was disturbing for me when Kmart (that was the store that i remember visit when i was kid in houston, visit a Kmart was like Christmas morning to me) anounces their bankruptcy years ago... I still think that Kmart disapear and now are littles Sears, but not Kmarts anymore...
Definitively economics sucks!

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-22-2009, 11:04 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

That news has been out for a while already. One problem with CC is they expanded into too many things. When they first came to my attention, they were mainly a audio and video store. The shelves were solidly packed with televisions, audio systems, and cameras. Not so today. They tried to become a Radio Shack, but RS has them beaten on price and the other stores were already selling the same items. They made the mistake of branching out into other areas that were not their zone of expertise. Classic failure by not understanding their own clientele.

9x18=Makarov

Old 01-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I can't say I'm surprised. It's their own fault as far as I'm concerned. Walk into any Best Buy today and you will see why Circuit City was loosing its customer base.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
bkt

Liked 1304 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 151

It didn't help that CC fired their highest paid -- and best -- sales workers a couple years ago.

A lot of people will go to brick and mortar stores to check out items they want to buy, then go home and order those items online to save money.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
The shelves were solidly packed with televisions, audio systems, and cameras. Not so today. They tried to become a Radio Shack.

That's enough to cause any store to go under!

I went in the other day looking for a little 3" replacement
speaker for my ham radio. My mistake.....