Economic dominos falling - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Economic dominos falling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi View Post
Whatever your politics, if you're rooting for Obama to fail, you're basically rooting for the U.S. to fail.
Seriously Quasi, you are way out on the plank and walking towards the Kool Aid bath with this one.

Obama is one guy, he isn't going to single-handedly save anything, any more than GW was single-handedly responsible for the war or for this crisis.

Here's a start. Scrap the entire Federal Tax System and institute a flat tax on everything. Let the people of the US decide how much they want to pay in taxes by SPENDING it themselves.

Printing more money isn't the answer - and neither is giving it to a bunch of people that have proven they can't successfully run a business.

Sweet Jesus Trump just filled Chapter 11 for the third time, when are people going to realize he isn't that great of a businessman...?!?!

JD

Old 03-02-2009, 05:41 PM   #32

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm not saying you have to support Obama. I'm just saying the stakes are high, and you should hope that he, Geitner, Summers, and Volker figure out how they're screwing up and come up with some better plans before the wheels come off the cart.

If I were a cynical man (and I am), I would suspect maybe they are intentionally letting things decline more rapidly than they normally would (by e.g. withdrawing liquidity, talking down the markets), so that they can show "improvement" in the last year of his term.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:20 PM   #33

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:

if you're rooting for Obama to fail, you're basically rooting for the U.S. to fail.
Actually, it is the opposite, Quasi. That's just the rhetoric the dems are spewing to try and cover their butts after rooting for GW to fail, as well as the War on Terrorism to fail.

If Obama fails, that means America wins. I hope he fails with his Soc1alsim plans, and I hope he fails should he try to get elected again.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:58 PM   #34

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Be careful what you wish for, that's all I have to say to that. What you end up with may be a lot worse.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:08 PM   #35

Quote:
Be careful what you wish for, that's all I have to say to that. What you end up with may be a lot worse.
Worse than Soc1alism? What, Communism...? What can be worse than a sympathiser of our enemies?

Old 03-02-2009, 08:23 PM   #36

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:

If I were a cynical man (and I am), I would suspect maybe they are intentionally letting things decline more rapidly than they normally would (by e.g. withdrawing liquidity, talking down the markets), so that they can show "improvement" in the last year of his term.
I always liked our discussions Quasi - even though I don't think we ever agreed on anything other than you "Mark It Zero Donnie!"

This however ^^ is something that actually may have some legs to it as several people I know, whom I consider to be more well educated and not prone to BIG tinfoil hats, have floated the same statement/idea around.

Let sh!t totally slide for the first year, that was all Bush's fault and I am trying to undo it. Then come loping in like Rambo without a jockstrap in the next two years and make "improvements" so that the campaign that starts in the final year of his term can be all about "Remember When I took office, remember how bad it was then?"

I'm just saying....

JD

Old 03-02-2009, 08:27 PM   #37

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Worse than Soc1alism? What, Communism...? What can be worse than a sympathiser of our enemies?
Take a look at the Weimer Republic in 1929 for one example.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #38

Quote:
Take a look at the Weimer Republic in 1929 for one example.
If you are saying that the demise of that constitution led to Hitler coming to power in 1933, then you are mistaken. I say it was the failure to solidify anything but a soc1alist economic plan that led to the downfall of that policy.

One huge difference (there are others) from that to now, is that the massive inflation and the economic downfall was a result of WWI (major conflict). It was years of socio-economic problems that let Hitler step in with a promise of better times and drastic solutions. We have already elected our Marxist.

Comparing post WWI Germany to the current United States is like comparing 2 rows of corn in a garden to the massive wheat fields of the plains states.

I will agree that there may be a plan to get Obama elected for a second term by approaching our current situation the way they are. It would be ignorant of them to not try.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post

*looks around* Oh crap you mean me right?

im kidding.

Trust me even on the "communist" side over here things aint looking to good. Alot of factory are shutting down so the migrant worker in city are pretty much in trouble.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:32 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gestapo Hunter View Post
*looks around* Oh crap you mean me right?
lmao!!

Gestapo, glad to have your postings here with your insight to life elswhere.