Easy car concealed carry method - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Easy car concealed carry method

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 02:29 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

I see what he is trying to accomplish and appreciate it. Not for me though.

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 01-23-2014, 12:14 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5737 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I like the "holster" but probably wouldn't buy it, as I can't easily retrieve anything from the foot/under-dash area of either of my cars. I am NOT kicking a loaded pistol back toward my person from the footwell.

I don't have a carry permit. In MS, with permit-free car carry (concealed or not or sorta) and permit-free open carry, the permit seems less needed than in some other states.

In my Sentra, I usually just stuffed the holster in between the seat back and seat bottom of the passenger-side seat. This retained the holster well enough to allow me to draw the XD45 without also drawing the holster (genericish holster that holds extra mag and has retention strap). I use a small nanosafe lock box under the passenger seat to store the firearm when I go into a store or some place I can't or don't want to carry the pistol.

I recently bought a used 2004 Mazda Miata which has presented some challenges as far as storage space and such. So far, I have been stuffing the holstered XD45 between the passenger seat and the middle console, but this doesn't offer the retainage I get from the Sentra's passenger seat. The Miata seats are not good at retaining anything other than butts. Other than switching to a shoulder holster, I don't see me with many options for secure in-car carry. I will be replacing the double DIN radio with a single DIN unit next week; the dash kit for this includes a nice little open storage cubby/slot under the radio that may get converted to a dedicated holster holder with a strap for the holster to clip to. Luckily the kid who will be doing the stereo install (and rearview camera install) is a firearms enthusiast and is aware of my need for a holstering area in the car.

The only other option I see is to clip the genericish holster I use in the car to one of the seat belts, but that does not offer a "quick draw" solution.

An additional hurdle with the Miata is that I don't often close the convertible top, particularly while driving. As low as this car is, anyone driving next to me will clearly see any pistol not in the trunk or glove box. I also have to use the nanosafe in the trunk as there is too much access to the passenger compartment for peace of mind.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 01-23-2014 at 12:17 AM.