A&E caves on Phil Robertson
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > A&E caves on Phil Robertson

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2013, 12:11 AM   #1
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 843

Default A&E caves on Phil Robertson

I wonder who is going to get fired over this fiasco.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/27/ae-backs-down-on-phil-robertsons-duck-dynasty-suspension/

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-28-2013, 12:55 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 383 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 258

You mean promoted

Old 12-28-2013, 02:05 AM   #3

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Good news, I guess.

I've got mixed feelings about supporting A&E by watching any of their TV shows.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:10 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6018 Times on 3152 Posts
Likes Given: 431

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Good news, I guess.

I've got mixed feelings about supporting A&E by watching any of their TV shows.
the shows really suck especially duck dynasty.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 12-28-2013, 05:19 AM   #5
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
You just have no appreciation for high quality, red-neck television.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
People Like This 
Old 12-28-2013, 05:36 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!

It looks like that unlike Phil, A&E won't stand up for their morals if it gets in the way of money.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:43 AM   #7

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Some one will have to fall on their sword at A&E. This and Cracker Barrel is the first of many push backs that are coming. Jesse Jackson is attacking Cracker Barrel as well. Jackson is the President of racist profiteering.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:51 AM   #8

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Well, I hate to admit it but one or two of their shows brought back some memories of this and that and things going "BLAM"! I like the Robertson humour well enough, I just have no use for censorship, esp. the progressive variety.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

People Like This 
Old 12-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1262 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 534

Quote:
I enthusiastically disagree with your assessment of Longmire, which airs on A&E. I did not develop a liking for The Glades, though.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #10
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6946 Times on 3492 Posts
Likes Given: 7550

This just reenforces my belief Phil Robertson Is the FTF Person of The Year. Who do you know other than our Service Members who has stood up to our foes and won? You dont really have to like the show or Phil to "see what he's done here" and respect him for it!

That is sweet, the lessons learned here should really inspire us on FTF to fight the good fight and dont stop. Look back just a second and see what we all did to change an outcome that would have been buried and forgotten if we had just let that happen. Instead, people who enjoy and many who never even watched the show stood up and said sorry, we dont accept the sh!t sandwich your offering us! Kinda like when millions lined up for Chick Fil A sandwich's and drowned out the Faux anger-protestors they dwarfed 20 to 1. I bet my last dollar that more than a few rednecks in BDU's have attended church for the first time in years or ever because Phil has shown his Christian side to us without any fear he will be judged less manly or soft, thats awesome!

I dont like violence, we need to avoid those saying its time for civil war to get our Rights back! My Mantra has always been, "Hit them in the wallet, its all about the money", 10,000,000 wallets potentially closing up shook them up and quickly. They saw Cracker-barrel choke then beg for forgiveness, A&E was just about to lose the biggest show they have and got smart and backed down from this battle they sparked over nothing.

This was a non story, something much less than important that actually blew up and owned the airwaves over OB Care, Wars in the ME and even Christmas. Phil Robertson got more attention (and more respect) than the POTUS and all he did was answer a question by saying what he believed and stood by it instead of dancing and diving. Heres what he didnt do- he didnt jump out in front of every camera he could find and scream and yell, cry foul or file a class action lawsuit because his religious freedom had been impinged, he just sat back and let things play out, "turned the other cheek" so to speak.

No Moderation, no Compromise, no Senators, no courts, no taxes, fees or beer summits with BHO were needed to resolve our differences here! The outcome is we just learned how much power we have to effect an outcome. They really dont want us to know this but we can make them listen, all we have to do is speak with our money! So what do we do with this? Who is the next target? We cant just aim at all of them, that wont work. We need one Big Business that is anti 2A rights to crush like a bug, it sounds impossible but A&E, Cracker barrel and others arent small potatoes either and my guess is they wont be judging us again anytime soon!

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 12-28-2013 at 11:53 AM.
People Like This 
Closed Thread