Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   E-15.... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/e-15-a-92937/)

LONGHAIR 06-26-2013 06:22 PM

E-15....

The court is not hearing the case about E-15 ethenol that go's in gas...This sh!t is going to f#ck-up a lot of older motors and carbs....Anybody know if there is something you can add to your gas to help this problem out ???....It may be a year or two before it comes out but if big-brother wants it,we have to take it....

flybuddy 06-26-2013 06:31 PM

I've got a motorcycle that's sensitive to ethanol..I use StarTron additive which keeps it running smooth. I can see a big diff when I don't use it.

dango 06-26-2013 08:28 PM

MONSANTO'S GMO corn , good for everything...? Eeeeeek..! :confused:

Bigcountry02 06-26-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR (Post 1287435)
The court is not hearing the case about E-15 ethenol that go's in gas...This sh!t is going to f#ck-up a lot of older motors and carbs....Anybody know if there is something you can add to your gas to help this problem out ???....It may be a year or two before it comes out but if big-brother wants it,we have to take it....

There is some additives out that can combat the damage caused by E15. I did a Bing search on the matter, came up with a few.

It is not just the cars, trucks, small engines (lawn mower, quads, water crafts, boat motors, etc.); but, the gas station's will have to replace tanks and hoses to counter the corrosive nature of E15.

I am running E10 and even with 91 Octane, adding water treatment and octane booster still issues with power. :mad:

I forgot to add that ethanol over 10% will violate my manufacture warranty, 2009 model!

Europe is decreasing from E10 to E5 and then moving to no ethanol at all.

Problem is how expensive will the additive be, what are the risk factors to the vehicle fuel and emission system's and will the government pull the product or products from shelves because it is hampering the environmental BS cause.

They want all to be driving electric cars and/or hybrid cars! :mad:

http://www.dailytech.com/E15+Fuel+Could+Damage+Cars+According+to+Automakers +DOE+Says+Whatever/article24706.htm

Quote:

This is a significant finding as American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers has found that even cars that are spec’d to run E15 are experiencing a rather high failure rate. If this were to be the case, drivers of vehicles that have no trouble running E10 would be in for a rude awakening with E15.

orangello 06-26-2013 09:12 PM

I buy my fuel at the two ghetto gas stations that have ethanol-free in higher octanes. That is the only place I anticipate trying out the new Open Carry deal in MS. My car is a 2002 model.

Daoust_Nat 06-26-2013 11:04 PM

There are a couple of non-ethenol stations in Central Florida. About $030 cents more a gallon then the ethenol blends. since it does not last long in my car, I use it. I use an ethenol additive for my lawn equipment, and that seems to have helped.

What may help more is the Florida Governor has signed a law removing ethenol from the gas. Lets see if it takes place or the corn growers have the Fed come down on us.

F4U 06-27-2013 04:03 AM

Too big of a pain for your cars but for small engines you fill with gas cans I found something on the internet.

Basically you need a race type plastic can with a valve and a clear plastic tube coming off of it. At the plumbing store get another valve and the fittings to match it to the plastic tube. With the can almost full of the blend you dump in some water,(a cup or 2 I think) shake up then turn the can upside down and open the valve closest to the can and leave the one at the other end of the tube closed. Let it set for a while, the alcohol will bond with the water and since water is heavier than gas it will sink to the bottom and into the tube. You then drain off the water/alcohol and has only real gas left.

This is from memory as I couldn't find a link quickly, but it makes sense to me because as I understand it the moisture the alcohol draws is the real problem with older fuel systems.