Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > DWI in texas

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

no one should feel bad for you, I hope you get all that is coming your way( loss of car , loss of job, loss of money and loss license) just like you didn't give a crap about putting anyones life in danger by driving drunk...just because you feel like having a drink dose not give you the right to put me and my family in danger...if it was up to me you should never be let to drive again ###############

Last edited by ScottA; 09-29-2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: That last bit was over the top.
Chainfire Likes This 
Old 09-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

OCS and military period wont tolerate it prolly wont go nowhere in that field.... they are kickin everyone out for blowing .01 or higher for driving, fighting, yelling anytime police come and theres alcohol involved your done.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #13
fev

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicilian13
no one should feel bad for you, I hope you get all that is coming your way( loss of car , loss of job, loss of money and loss license) just like you didn't give a crap about putting anyones life in danger by driving drunk...just because you feel like having a drink dose not give you the right to put me and my family in danger...if it was up to me you should never be let to drive again ###############
Hey A-HOLE, everyone makes a mistake. Sorry that your that perfect

Old 09-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #14

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreck1819
Since this is the only forum I am a member of I thought I'd ask yall this.

Last night I did something stupid and never do, drove home drunk from the bars after I got some things off my mind (woman related) and was pulled over and arrested for DWI. I blew a .26 and was carted off. I was completely complacent and offered no problems was even thanked for how understanding and courteous i was to the leo's. I have an appointment with a lawyer this weekend to see if anything can be done but wanted to ask around to see if anybody had any experiences of any kind .

I have a completely clean record other than two warnings one speeding one stopping at a stop sign. I was originally was planning on going to OCS and possibly retiring as a game warden but now i think those dreams are forever gone because of one mistake.

Is there any hope for me at all in this giant mess or am I left in this seemingly endless crappy spiral of my mistake.

Thanks for listening and I completely understand if yall just want to chew out for my stupidity.
If you get a good attorney they "might" be able to lessen the charge to wreckless driving, I think. Don't take my word on it, but I think that's what my friend got back in the early 90s. To long ago to remember exactly. Also, that was in the state of Indiana.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 670 Times on 344 Posts

Short term you are screwed! Get a good lawyer, also be proactive. If you are a member of a local civic group or church, go to them and explain what happened and see if you can get involved in some community outreach programs BEFORE you go before a judge (get a letter from them). Often a judge will accept volunteer work in lieu of fines, it could save you thousands of dollars.

I have a personal friend who got a dui and was fired from a very reputable company for alcoholism. He is now a sheriff's deputy and will soon be the county coroner for a major city. All is not lost but it will suck for awhile. Don't ever give up on your dreams, don't let anyone tell you you can't. It is definitely a setback, but it's entirely up to you how your life turns out.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #16

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicilian13
Let's hear about your mistake free life. I mean c'mon, we've all made mistakes. DWI is nothing to be taken lightly, but when I read this guys post I could almost hear the remorse.

-Matt

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #17

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

To the original poster:
Get a really good lawyer, and follow his lead.

-Matt

Old 09-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2592 Times on 1297 Posts
Likes Given: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreck1819 View Post
Since this is the only forum I am a member of I thought I'd ask yall this.
Last night I did something stupid and never do, drove home drunk from the bars after I got some things off my mind (woman related) and was pulled over and arrested for DWI. I blew a .26 and was carted off. I was completely complacent and offered no problems was even thanked for how understanding and courteous i was to the leo's. I have an appointment with a lawyer this weekend to see if anything can be done but wanted to ask around to see if anybody had any experiences of any kind .
I have a completely clean record other than two warnings one speeding one stopping at a stop sign. I was originally was planning on going to OCS and possibly retiring as a game warden but now i think those dreams are forever gone because of one mistake.
Is there any hope for me at all in this giant mess or am I left in this seemingly endless crappy spiral of my mistake.
Thanks for listening and I completely understand if yall just want to chew out for my stupidity.
Dude, .26? WTF? No matter how this turns out, you're already lucky. No one was hurt or killed due to this incident. Count your blessings.
Lecture complete
As long as this doesn't turn into a felony, you may not be in too bad of shape. Even with OCS. Much will depend on the outcome in court.

Ensure that you hire a lawyer with lots of experience in these matters and a solid record of positive outcomes. Spend good money now to ensure that you aren't hosed down the road.
Stop discussing your case with anyone but your lawyer. This includes open forums.
Be prepared to have your life unsettled for the foreseeable future. It probably won't be ruined, but things are likely to get uncomfortable for a while.
Good luck.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 09-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8441 Times on 3663 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

Quote:
Stop discussing your case with anyone but your lawyer. This includes open forums.
Quoted for the truth.

I am going to shut this thread down- it has run its course.

Yes, you screwed up. That is a really good first step in admitting that. About 5 years ago my youngest son (in his 30's) made the same mistake. First offense. It cost him 3 days in jail, a large fine, loss of his license for a year (he was able to get a restricted license that allowed him to drive to and from work). He was also to complete the Virginia Alcohol Safety Program, and check into AA- which he did. After one year, satisfactory completion of all programs, got his license back. Did NOT get back his Commercial Driver's License- and did not get back his job that he lost due to the DUI.

He is doing well, staying sober- but it was an expensive lesson. There ARE tough times ahead- you can get through it. DO find a good attorney, DO follow his lead, and other than that, be very, very still.

If you need to talk, and want to PM me, well- Grandpa C3, or any other number of folks are available.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Closed Thread