Dumb criminals
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Dumb criminals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Dumb criminals

This is an actual news story that happened locally here. Three people, two men and a woman, opened a tax preparation service in a local strip mall. A woman who had her taxes done there got a call that her refund check was ready for her to pick up. When she arrived to get her check, they pulled a gun on her and told her they wanted part of her refund. They then ordered her to leave, go cash her check and bring the money back to them. She left, called the police, who went to the business and arrested the.....uh....idiots.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #2

Liked 1960 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Brilliant idea...
312611_294302070598835_100000571332907_1132818_926375182_n.jpg  

Old 02-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 39

How clever of them.

A customer at a place I used to work filled out a job application using her correct name, address, phone number, etc. and then proceeded to steal $600 worth of merchandise and just run out the door with it. She was caught right away and assaulted at least one person in the process. In fact, she was so uncooperative and hostile that she was banned from the store for 20 years. Before the police took her off, she wanted to know if any of this was going to affect her job application!

Old 02-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

We need to add a forum with dumb criminal stories. If criminals were smart they would know crime doesn't pay.
“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 02-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #5
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 702 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Not smart.

Seems they would be one of many crooks involved with getting peoples taxes though. They are more honest than most.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

LOL!
Well, i hope they did her tax return correctly. You would not believe how many crooked or incompetent tax preparers i've met or heard about. Go to somebody you know or somebody recommended by a non-moron friend. It took literally a year or so of refiling & responding to IRS letters for a friend of mine to get straightened out after a quickietax place "went that extra mile" to see she got a nice refund.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10759 Times on 4657 Posts
Likes Given: 1755

There are some good stories out there- but my all time favorite- Armed Robbery of Central National Bank, Downtown Richmond, several years ago.

Robber handed teller a bag, told her to put all the money in the bag. She did, along with a dye pack. (Dye packs look like a real bundle of money, but contain an explosive charge, tear gas, and permanent dye. It is activated by a radio signal when leaving building, and has a few seconds delay)

Thief took the bag, shoved it down into his PANTS- and ran out of the bank. Made it almost half a block before the explosives went off in his skivvies.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Default love this one

In Sachse, Texas, Nathan Poe walked into a bank and announced to the teller that this was a holdup and that she should hand over all her cash. The teller said she couldn't do that unless he could provide two forms of identification. Trying to cooperate, Poe produced his state ID card and his Wells Fargo debit card. The teller then provided him with $800. His fumbling for the ID provided her with enough time to notify authorities. Busted.

lifted from the oregonian

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-11-2012, 04:25 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3459 Times on 1783 Posts
Likes Given: 374

I worked a case about a year ago where a young lady filled out an application for employment at a local strip club. She provided her DL and SS card. The receptionist made copies of both and returned them to the would be dancer. When the receptionist went to get the Manager to look at the application, the applicant reached behind the desk and stole the receptionist's purse. Of course all was on video. I guess she enjoyed her little time out in the pokey.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:46 AM   #10
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Years ago I worked at a Christmas Tree farm, the old man who owned it caught a college guy stealing a tree, hauling it over the the fence at one end of the plantation away from the entrance and exits. When confronted the old man asked for identification, and the college guy gave it up. The old man told the guy that the tree would cost him $100 cash (at the time I think trees were going for maybe $10). The college guy said that that was robbery, he was a law student at Stanford and he would put the old man to shame if he demanded so much.

The old man said "OK, I got your information. Go ahead and look into it. I'll let you go for now, but you need to show up here in a couple of days and pay up. Plus I want a confession written in your own hand and signed by you, or I'm gonna turn you over to the cops."

The college guy showed up the next day with $100 cash and a written confession.

This was a few decades ago, but I did see the confession.