Duke the Dog runs away
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Duke the Dog runs away

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 6 Posts

Default Duke the Dog runs away

Duke the Dog # 26
Duke Runs Away

My master wrote the heading for this story. I really wasn't running away. I was exploring. It started like this.
We (my man human master Sarge and I) went over to a house with a big yard that my master works on a lot. It is called Stonehocker Farm and it has a big yard and some water running through the yard. You can walk down close to the water and jump in it. Well my master was busy and he had put my leash on a stick so I couldn't run around. I pulled at the stick and it came loose. WOW, now I could run down to that water and see if I could find some animals around in the weeds. Sure enough I smelled some of those animals with long floppy ears and I trailed their tracks which had their smell on it. (we dogs have very good noses) I found one of the animals and he went hopping away so I chased him. Soon another animal jumped up so I chased that one. Then I could not see the big house anymore. So I let my instincts take over and I ran until I found a wide drive way like the one my master has in front of our house. I trotted up that long drive way until I found some houses. Then I kept going until a man human was in his yard and he talked to me. He asked me if I was lost. I really wasn't lost but I had never been on that wide drive way before. The man was very nice and he gave me a doggy biscuit. he also looked at my dog tag. I have a special dog tag that my master and mistress gave me that has my name on it and also a number. The man human wrote the name and number down on a piece of white paper with one of those sticks that my master uses. Then he tied me to his fence. I was really worried when he did that and tried to get away. But the leash held me tight. Then the man human came out and said he called my master and he would be coming to pick me up. I didn't hear him calling my master but that was good news anyway. I hoped my master would not get lost like I was, trying to find me. It seem like such a long time for my master to finally showed up for me, but there he was in his old red moving house and he had my other master Trent with him. Trent grabbed me and hugged me while my master grabbed the man's hand and shook it. I don't know why he did that but they were both showing their teeth like humans do when they are happy so I guess it was ok. I know I was happy to see my masters again. I guess I should not have pulled that stick out of the ground and ran around after the animals. But I am a dog, that is what dogs do. This time my master was not angry with me, but he did tell me that I was a bad dog for running away. When we got home my master Sarge hugged me and we played 'toss and fetch' for a long time. It was good to be back home with my family. Everyone should put on their pets a special tag like my master and mistress put on my collar. If it hadn't been for that special tag I would never have seen my home again.
Thank you for reading my stories.

Duke the Dog

Sarge

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #2

Default Master ''Training''

sarge_257: Sir, I enjoy the way ''Duke'' is training you ''the tag'' all dogs need one: especially when the ''Master Gits Lost"

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 01-06-2011, 11:35 PM   #3

Liked 15 Times on 6 Posts

Default tags

OK Graig, with the suggestions you come up with you are never going to get my wife's email addy. She has enough clever ideas without you helping her. I just finally got her to lengthen my chain a few feet so I can lean on the fence and shoot the breeze with my buddy next door.
LOL
Sarge
Sarge

Old 01-07-2011, 12:01 AM   #4

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Had me worried with the title. Glad Duke's OK

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 01-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #5

Default Good Neighbor Policy :)

sarge_257: hahaha; Sir it would be fun hahaha; a youtube moment hahaha
Lt. Linda; hahaha would have two ''caboose's'' hahaha to work on

Lt. Linda; healthiest, arms in the land hahhahaha; with a ''hickory switch"

sarge_257, neophyte, wore out ''caboose's'' daily hahaha; wow what fun

"lil johnny'' comes to mind hahaha ''doubled'' good neighbor policy hahaha

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!