Duke the Dog learns how to use the computer

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Duke the Dog learns how to use the computer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 6 Posts

Default Duke the Dog learns how to use the computer

Duke the Dog # 3

Hello, this is Duke the dog again. I am doing better on my writing, but these computers are hard to understand. I have been sitting at the big man human's side for weeks watching him hit the buttons with his paws. He talks to me real nice while he is doing this. I think I am getting the idea but some day hope to learn about something the man human calls "spellcek" or something like that. The man human prays to it, so it must be something that can help everyone, even a little dog like me.
I have explored the new families house very well now. It is so big compared to my old master's house. There are 8 rooms upstairs and 5 or 6 rooms downstairs. And as I mentioned in my other post, a nice big yard in back. I also found three other smaller houses in the back yard. One I have been able to explore. It smells like cars, machines and has a real neat fat stove that is nice and warm.
In my new house I have found some black boxes with a window in them. There is one of these black boxes in almost every room in the house. Inside those black boxes people live. There are lots of strange people in the black boxes. And one day I found that there are dogs in the window of the black box. My nurse human lady found a special room in the window of the box that had lots of dogs in it. I jumped up and ran to the black box and the nurse human laughed and laughed. I barked at the dogs in the window but none of them answered me. But I did like to watch them run round and have fun. I went back to my nurse human and licked her hand to thank her for showing me the other dogs. She called me "good doggie". Which I have found to mean I did something right.
When I watched the black box with the big man human sometimes there would be people yelling at each other and hitting each other. I would slink away from the box and lay down with my paws on my head. The big man human saw me doing that and he talked to me and then changed the box to other people that were riding horses around. I liked that and stood up at the box and barked at the horses. My man human laughed and carried me back to the couch and petted me. I guess I taught them horses a lesson or two.
The big man human seems to understand me better than the others. Which surprised me because he was the one that yelled at me when I first came to this house. When I want to play he will stop and look at my face very carefully and talk to me. When I bring my toys he will play with me. But when he is in his room with his toys he will not want to play and will toss my toy out in the other room and then close the door on me. He is smarter than he looks. I try to tell him what I want but he does not understand barks. But he will follow me to the door and when I whine he opens the door.
Well I hear the car in the yard so I better close this page and pretend to be taking a nap.
Duke the dog

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #2

Default Smart Dog

Sir, you are lucky. with your new 'pup training'

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 12-11-2010, 02:51 PM   #3

lmao, at Sarge and Duke. Your stories make me smile. Helps allot when i have crappy days. I wish I could sit down long enough and write more. Might get some sanity back!

[http://mercop.wordpress.com
http://www.themensroomonline.net/

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
Certified (Traveling) Notary State Of FL

Old 12-11-2010, 11:35 PM   #4

Liked 15 Times on 6 Posts

Default When I started writing

I started writing stories of my life after my oldest son died. I was wallowing in my grief and wishing I had told him so many things about our family and about the things I had done in my life. I still had two sons left and I was determined that they would be able to know all about their Dad and their Grand Father and all of our families history. I now have over 200 stories written and more coming.
Sarge