Duke the Dog is in the dog house
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Duke the Dog is in the dog house

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 04:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 6 Posts

Default Duke the Dog is in the dog house

This has not been a good week. I got in trouble. My man human master Sarge is angry with me. It was like this. My master sometimes eats his human food downstairs while watching his black window box. Usually he shares pieces of it with me. So on one day he was eating and he got up and went upstairs and didn't come back right away. And there was all that food on a little table in front of the big long seat he sits on. So I figured he was done and (I know I am not suppose to be up on the couch) but there was all that food. So I got up on the couch and ate his food. And I got caught. He came down the stairs while I was still eating and yelled at me. He called me a "Bad Dog" (I guess I was a bad dog) But he did not hit me like my old master use too. I really wish he had hit me tho. Instead he wouldn't take me for a walk for a whole week. And he would not play with me either. I would take my toys to him and he would just keep looking away. He didn't talk to me either. I so much enjoy my master talking to me. I learn lots of human words from him. But I was a bad dog. And I know it. Finally after 6 suns had gone by my man human Master Sarge started to talk to me again. And today he took me for a walk and we got to stop at the Sonic house. They have tables outside and they let little dogs like me eat there. The female humans that live at the Sonic house, like me and they bring me some water in a bowl. My master buys me a real Junior Burger (this is what humans call meat with some bread=burger) And I ate it all up. One female human is named Krista and she always sits down at my table and talks to me. My master told her I was a bad dog the other day and I hid my head. But she petted me anyway so she didn't care that I was a bad dog. I will try my best to be a good dog. We dogs want our masters to love us and even if we make mistakes sometimes we will always love our masters. My man human Master Sarge is now talking to me again and throwing my toys in the yard so I can go fetch them, so I guess he forgives me.

Duke the sorry little dog

If a man strikes you on the cheek
Being a Christian the only thing you can do
Is to help him up off the ground.
Sarge

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-01-2011, 07:25 AM   #2

Default wonderful read

sarge_257: Sir, another wonderful read It is neat, how you place moral to stories.

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 01-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #3

Default morals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophyte1 View Post
sarge_257: Sir, another wonderful read It is neat, how you place moral to stories.
Thanks Craig. Through the eyes of a dog things look very simple, but hidden in there is a truth that we all forget or ignore.
Sarge

Sarge

Old 01-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Dogs are great companions. They don't ask much... a decent home, a little food, a little love and attention.
If we could teach them to make coffee, cook and do the laundry - wouldn't need wives........

And no matter how late you are getting home, the pooch is ALWAYS glad to see you!

Old 01-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Roscoe knows to leave my food alone. The GFs dog can't be trusted at all.

Thanks for the story Duke.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 01-02-2011, 06:45 PM   #6

Default Duke and food

Duke is a smart dog and he learns his lessons very quickly. He has not pulled that goof again. I can put food on the TV tray and leave the room for a long time and he will not touch it.
Sarge

Sarge