Dreams thread - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Dreams thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratrider View Post
I have had some work related dreams wherein I was steering my vessel down a street. I approach an intersection and put my blinker on (One of my nav lights starts blinking, lol) I can't explain those. I pulled guard duty in a nuke warhead storage detachment in southern Germany right? Lots of crazy dreams there. I think if you are thrust into a strange or stressful environment, the vivid, weird dreams will flow.

I've dreamt I was running the boat through town. Stopping for lights and trying to flank a bend! Weird lol
Lmao I wasn't a good driver and didn't use my nav blinkers haha

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
People Like This 
Old 05-18-2014, 03:55 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
I've dreamt I was running the boat through town. Stopping for lights and trying to flank a bend! Weird lol
Lmao I wasn't a good driver and didn't use my nav blinkers haha

Were you passing thru the Bayou Blue area, we had one tug boat operater that didn't blow his horn or know that a pontoon bridge with lights was in front of him................closed to all vehicular traffic till futher notice. SO WHY LET THE TUGS PASS THRU THE WATER WAY WHEN ITS ALL WAYS THE TUGS THAT DO THE DAMAGE....................
Old 05-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4444 Times on 2464 Posts
Likes Given: 22390

I think we all dream and where they originate could from many stimuli . A movie
, childhood trauma , stress and sometimes just totally off the wall , no sense , no meaning , no reason .

Night mares , these I find some related to simple things true to my life sometimes . Defending my loved ones , predators and just rooted from the strong sense of responsibility and obligations of simple life .

Interesting at most and some even set off the red flag , in a good way ,
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 05-18-2014, 06:02 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
Were you passing thru the Bayou Blue area, we had one tug boat operater that didn't blow his horn or know that a pontoon bridge with lights was in front of him................closed to all vehicular traffic till futher notice. SO WHY LET THE TUGS PASS THRU THE WATER WAY WHEN ITS ALL WAYS THE TUGS THAT DO THE DAMAGE....................

Wills I stay north I saint Louis. This tug operators down there. Well. You can see lol. They run smaller boats than I ride

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
dango Likes This 
Old 05-18-2014, 08:49 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Say what..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Wills I stay north I saint Louis. This tug operators down there. Well. You can see lol. They run smaller boats than I ride

I have a very close friend that use to push barges up and down the great Miss. The value was in the millions if not more. He now sits in a wheel house in up state NY. Just moving from one location to the next in constuction. Idle time may be weeks or months. $500.00 a day..................They pay his travel time back and forth to La.......................This pontoon bridge is a magnet to tugs pushing barges...............Every once in a while, we get a drunk driving on the road that runs into the barriers, but it doesn't stop traffic but for maybe an hour or two...............
Old 05-18-2014, 08:56 PM   #46

The money is there. Captains and pilots on our boats are $600-700+ a day. Water high up north. Ole sabula Iowa bridge has taken a pounding this season lol.

dango Likes This 
Old 05-18-2014, 08:58 PM   #47

Some bridges are just bad. Water flows funny around them. Gotta pay attention. I've seen great pilots make mistakes. We had 15 barges north last year. Very good pilot bumped the bridge and snapped our tow in half. Fun at night.

dango Likes This 
Old 05-18-2014, 08:59 PM   #48

Default Dreams thread

This was the worst one this year. Sabula bridge. There was a guy standing on the head of that when it went under.
imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1400446777.613444.jpg

dango Likes This 
Old 05-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Lol...................

Well lets blame it on the french. we do have capitans here that will screw with your head...........All they speak on the tug is cajun french. IF YOU CAN'T SEE THAT THE BRIDGE IS STILL CLOSED, WHY RAM IT...........................
Old 05-19-2014, 01:38 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
Well lets blame it on the french. we do have capitans here that will screw with your head...........All they speak on the tug is cajun french. IF YOU CAN'T SEE THAT THE BRIDGE IS STILL CLOSED, WHY RAM IT...........................

Cause he be to busy talking on dat dere radio sayin ayeee to his budy ova dere across da pond lol.

Some real morons lol