Dreams thread - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Dreams thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 01:25 AM   #31
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

it seems the older i get, the darker and more foreboding my dreams get.

they even sometime move into the my waking hours!

Old 05-06-2014, 01:40 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 332 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Anyone ever have that sleep paralysis?

Old 05-06-2014, 02:01 AM   #33
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10551 Times on 4557 Posts
Likes Given: 1696

Jim- was sure I had that at one time- it was one of our little ones that had climbed into bed and wrapped themselves around my head!

For those of you that have posted bad or frightening dreams- you need to catch some good dreams. When my Dad was in the hospital (for the last time) I recall my Stepmom giving him a kiss as he lay sleeping, and say "Goodnight, sweetheart- pick out a good dream."

And I DID have a good dream about a month ago that I recall. When I was 15, my Dad (a widower) and I were keeping bachelor quarters. It was not uncommon that on a Saturday night, some of my uncles and my Dad's friends would come over for a poker game that lasted until the wee hours. Too late to drive home- or been drinking? Pick a sofa, loveseat, pillow on the rug, and get some sleep. When I woke, I would go around, count noses so I knew how much coffee and breakfast to make.

I now have a group of good companions that about once a month, we play poker. Most are career LEOs, and are darned good company. Garage poker, throw in a pot to help cover food and beer, and enjoy the socializing.

About a month ago, I dreamed that my Dad was healthy and well, and I could take him along for one of our Saturday night games. We had a hell of a good evening.

Now all of y'all- go pick out a good dream.
People Like This 
Old 05-06-2014, 04:00 AM   #34
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

every once in a while, i have dreams that i remember where i was spending time with my grandfather that was my hero. i sometimes dream of times when i much older and spending time with. he passed away when i was eleven. even though he passed when i was very young, he still had a huge impact on my life and my beliefs. i sometimes dream about us fishing and talking about everything under the sun. in the dream, we always have cane poles. when i was younger and we went fishing, Papa would only fish with a cane pole. sometimes we are just driving into town to go the hardware store and the barbershop, but in the dreams, it's me driving instead of him, because i'm much older in the dreams.

it's been forty years since he passed and not a day goes by that i don't remember something that he did or said that doesn't influence my life some way. in the dreams, he's always dressed just like he was when i was younger, khaki pants and shirts, lace-up work boots, his fedora if it was winter and his straw hat if it was summer. he always carried a pocketwatch and never carried a billfold, but kept his money amd DL folded with a rubberband in his RH shirt pocket.

i now live on the property where he an my grandmother lived when my own father was born on the other side of it. not a hundred yards away is where my great grandparents first lived here when they bought the property an where my grandfather was born.

memories, dreams or wishful thinking of having wished he had lived longer up into when i was becoming an adult. he would have been 101 this year had he lived. i guess as much as i miss him being here, i miss the things he could have taught me as i grew older into adulthood.
People Like This 
Old 05-06-2014, 01:03 PM   #35
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 596 Times on 358 Posts
Likes Given: 3113

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimogden1984 View Post
Anyone ever have that sleep paralysis?
Jim, that is what my dream was like, I could not make myself move. Then just as I was able to force myself to move I wake up.
It is like I am trying to raise my arm or move and I can't then I try to jerk myself or force myself to move with all my might, and that is when I move and wakeup.
Eagle1803 Likes This 
Old 05-06-2014, 01:58 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Splain dis..................

Who knows, In my dream I was enticed by my aunt of 80 years to join here in the bedroom......They found her dead, from natural causes two weeks later...........Her sister Marlin who died of cancer at an early age, gave me fits. If she could have she would have brought me home like a pet. Or ????????????

Old 05-06-2014, 04:28 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 332 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne1 View Post
Jim, that is what my dream was like, I could not make myself move. Then just as I was able to force myself to move I wake up.
It is like I am trying to raise my arm or move and I can't then I try to jerk myself or force myself to move with all my might, and that is when I move and wakeup.
Next time try just moving a finger. I haven't had it Halen in a while but I read it's a lot easier to do that than mine your whole body or an arm and it's supposed to snap you out of it
Airborne1 Likes This 
Old 05-06-2014, 06:11 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Sweating...............

Dreams or nite mares......................

Old 05-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Too little.............

Too late.......My dreams a bust, monica comes clean on bill clinton........................Oh well meybe on the next trip to never never land.................
Old 05-18-2014, 02:33 PM   #40

Liked 62 Times on 42 Posts

I had a fun dream last night... I just about got laid. In my dream, my parents and I were staying in a motel in northern Tennessee. We had separate rooms. One night I walked into my room and she was right there... I didn't know she got into the motel room. She was about 5'7, same age as I am and in her hand she had a note from my actual girlfriend that said "have a good time. -xena". There was a condom machine down the hall. When I went down there to get one, it wasn't really a machine; it was a coffee can rigged into a box on a hinge. I grabbed a yellow wrapper Trojan™. When I got back to my motel room, she was gone. I then heard a knock on my door and then I woke up.

Can someone please try to explain that dream?!

Last edited by cva209x50; 05-18-2014 at 02:53 PM.