Draft Guys Over Sixty
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Draft Guys Over Sixty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 06:32 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default Draft Guys Over Sixty

Appropriated from another board. I've seen it before, but thought it was worth recycling.

Drafting men over 60----this is funny & obviously written by a Former Soldier

I am over 60 and the Armed Forces thinks I'm too old to track down terrorists. You can't be older than 42 to join the military. They've got the whole thing backwards. Instead of sending 18-year olds off to fight, they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 35.

For starters: Researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every 10 seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. 'My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry' We are impatient and maybe letting us kill some ******* that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while.

An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10 a..m. Old guys always get up early to pee so what the hell. Besides, like I said, 'I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical SOB.

If captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys.. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we're used to soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course however. I've been in combat and didn't see a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training.

Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy, too. I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to start up a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head.

These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way..

Let us old guys track down those dirty rotten coward Muslim terrorists. The last thing an enemy would want to see is a couple of million pissed off old farts with attitudes and automatic weapons who know that their best years are already behind them.

How about recruiting Women over 50 ....in menopause! You think Men have attitudes! Ohhhhhh my God! If nothing else, put them on border patrol.... They'll have it secured the first night!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-28-2011, 06:40 AM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Been said here many times over and over: Never pick a fight with an old man. If he can't beat you down, he will just kill you. I believe it is the same for post-menopausal women.

Great post as always.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-28-2011, 07:08 AM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I'll go!

the 10

People get the government they deserve.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:55 PM   #4

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Send my old ass over there and I'll do some of that "I'm tired and pissed off so I'm just going to kill something" attitude thing.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:58 PM   #5

Default Bus Ready

my knee's are bad; my back hurts; don't sleep much; really don't gripe; eye's are older? hahaha
have snored a few time; like adventure lolol

where's the bus

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 01-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #6

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Yeah, they could keep the running, push ups, situps and other crap; however, if they wanted us old farts for eliminating bad guys - I'm in...

Old 01-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #7

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

I would, without question, do it again in a heartbeat. But I would have to wait about 7 years to qualify for the age requirement, and I would have to have my Lane recliner air dropped in this time.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 01-28-2011, 05:08 PM   #8

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I'll go in a blink of an eye

Old 01-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #9
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3115 Times on 1790 Posts
Likes Given: 1326

Think of the Social Security they would save...

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 01-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #10

I'm in, and getting up at 5 is easy after taking water pills, and skip the 20 foot wall and rope climb.