Don't pull that f*cking handle! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Don't pull that f*cking handle!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 03:45 AM   #11
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I saw a show called Pawnstars, It's a show where people bring odd things into a pawn shop to pawn/sell. One of the items was an ijector seat from a fighter plane. The guy bought it at a yard sale. He owned it for several years but the best part it was still armed If he or anyone else had pulled the red handle they would have been promptly shot through the roof of there house.

My question first was that real? If I had something like that I bought for an odd reason I expect at some point in time I or someone close to me would have pulled the red handle. The guy had no clue it was armed ejector seat, thought it had been used......so what prevented him or someone from pulling the red handle over several years

If you say he checked it out and knew better, you would be wrong, he had no clue, he thought it was spent and didn't know it was armed.

Back on point, If I eject from an airplane, burn the cloths I'm wearing because they will all be covered in Shzt

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
Indeed it is orangello

Any acrobatic aircraft I've seen are prop-driven. And I know bugger-all about planes so I'm guessing that's standard
At the few airshows i've seen, individuals did their aerobatics behind a prop. I guess it just threw me off that it seemed to be part of a national Air Force or military. Here, the only military aerobatics team i'm familiar with is the Blue Angels in their fighter jets (F18's, i think). Maybe the Blue Angels would be considered more of a precision flying group than an aerobatic group, i'm not sure. Blue Angels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I haven't seen them in years, but they were very impressive when i did see them.

I don't know much about planes either, mainly only that i like them MUCH better from a distance.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:57 PM   #13

lol, thanks for the laugh.

i would have lost my mud too, then been ok when the parachute deployed, then lost it again when they told me how much it would cost to replace a cockpit and re-arm an ejector seat.

that can't be cheap.....

Old 11-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #14

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I wonder if you could use them rockets on say a bicycle or vespa? Worlds fastest vespa 75 mph with an extra kick from the SRB's strapped to the side of it.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #15

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

If one can indeed be had at a yard sale or pawn shop, and I can find it, you can bet the farm my next purchase is an Astin Martin, you can bet I'm installing it, and you can bet I'm legally changing my name to Bond.

That would be so effin epic.

Yellow Booking pawn shops now.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If one can indeed be had at a yard sale or pawn shop, and I can find it, you can bet the farm my next purchase is an Astin Martin, you can bet I'm installing it, and you can bet I'm legally changing my name to Bond.

That would be so effin epic.

Yellow Booking pawn shops now.
Record that phone call. Speak with a British accent, too! I wanna hear you ask for an armed ejection seat...

Old 11-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Does nobody remember the Darwin award winner who put a SRB (of some type for cargo planes on short runways) in the trunk of an impala & then became one with a mountain a few miles away. That would've been one helluva ride & i'd bet the driver was thinking he should've had a ejector seat. edit* http://darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1995-04.html was confirmed bogus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave View Post
Record that phone call. Speak with a British accent, too! I wanna hear you ask for an armed ejection seat...
IIRC from that episode of Pawnstars, i'm fairly sure the shop didn't buy the seat from dude.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 11-03-2009 at 08:14 PM.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
At the few airshows i've seen, individuals did their aerobatics behind a prop. I guess it just threw me off that it seemed to be part of a national Air Force or military. Here, the only military aerobatics team i'm familiar with is the Blue Angels in their fighter jets (F18's, i think). Maybe the Blue Angels would be considered more of a precision flying group than an aerobatic group, i'm not sure. Blue Angels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I haven't seen them in years, but they were very impressive when i did see them.

I don't know much about planes either, mainly only that i like them MUCH better from a distance.

Looks impressive man, they must have been amazing to see. The RAAF acrobatics team are propellor driven which is why I thought they all were; for comparison: Roulettes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Saw them go through their paces at Richmond Air Force base once, along with the ever crowd-pleasing Spitfire (just love that throaty growl) and a C-5 Galaxy transport was also there, your fine countrymen waving ello from the cockpit Astounding how many tanks you can fit in one of those things!

Old 11-04-2009, 12:20 AM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I wonder if you could use them rockets on say a bicycle or vespa? Worlds fastest vespa 75 mph with an extra kick from the SRB's strapped to the side of it.

This would be pretty fast...albeit backwards lol