Don't leave ur kids in car - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Don't leave ur kids in car

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2014, 12:50 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1837 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 1212

When I was a kid we got to walk to school without worrying some sicko would grab you. High school kids would have rifles in the back of their car. Principles used to paddle misbehaving children and stuff like that. Those things were all ok back then. But we never heard of anybody leaving their kid in a hot car with the windows rolled up. I mean...you just didn't do that.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 07-12-2014, 01:10 PM   #22

Liked 2188 Times on 1290 Posts
Likes Given: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
When I was a kid we got to walk to school without worrying some sicko would grab you. High school kids would have rifles in the back of their car. Principles used to paddle misbehaving children and stuff like that. Those things were all ok back then. But we never heard of anybody leaving their kid in a hot car with the windows rolled up. I mean...you just didn't do that.
Took the words right out of my mouth. I remember walking to and from school, or riding my bike. Playing outside after school until my parents came home.

Being left in the car while my parents ran into the store for something quick, was normal, but with the windows down.

Now, we are all so worried about pervs, and kidnappers, and serial killers, that we practically bubble wrap and seal our kids, and have them under constant supervision.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:11 PM   #23

Liked 465 Times on 258 Posts

Ah the good ole days of sitting in the car while mom or dad ran into a store. The biggest concern I had back then was how many layers of skin I was going to lose when I got out of the car on a summer day. Vinyl seats no ac the stick to the seat factor was high when wearing shorts!

Old 07-12-2014, 01:26 PM   #24
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7122 Times on 3897 Posts
Likes Given: 14420

We didn't have to roll the windows down. They were always down. We didn't have air conditioning. I think that's why sirens aren't as loud as I remember.

No offense and none taken

People Like This 
Old 07-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #25
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

Quote:
Originally Posted by wknight40 View Post
I believe cars get hotter these days then they did when most of us were going up. They have sound deadening material and a different type of glass that I'm a firm believer that purposely makes it hotter inside to make you run the AC more. Just a theory of mine.

As for forgetting a child it is easy with a change of routine, though that is still not an excuse. As an example with our first born I set him on the hood of the car, in his baby seat, loaded the car and got in. Felt like I was missing something and realized what it was when I looked over the hood of the car. This was one of our first outings after he was born. It was a matter of getting into the habit of knowing he was there. Never forgot him on, outside, or inside the car again. Did forget the diaper bag on top of the car a few times though.

But it does seem like more and more stories of people leaving small children in cars is popping on the news every day.
Times have changed, 12yo kids were considered almost adults in the 60's and had duties like adults in bigger families including babysitting and other mommy roles. When they had chillens of their own, they were already in tune with the Baby On Board Factor. It wasnt the shock it is now that kids are allowed to be kids until (and sometimes after) they have created a child, at that point, its a damn scary thing to embrace for the first time.

I dont believe this guy forgot especially after he and his partner in crime googled "ow long does it take for an animal to die in a closed car in the summer" or something very close to that. He knew and likely she did as well.

Sadly, were still talking about the same thing as the parental shock factor I mentioned earlier, its just that these punks decided to get rid of the issue so they could go on with the life they wanted instead of the one they created together. if this is even close to true, they dont deserve to hide in the shadow of those who actually somehow did forget there kid was in the car. Neither is acceptable but one should be punishable by the same torture as they did to their kid, till death they do part....
Old 07-12-2014, 02:44 PM   #26
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7093 Times on 4270 Posts
Likes Given: 8604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I think the biggest difference nowadays is that children are strapped into car seats that they can't get out of. A two or three year old, years ago, would have likely opened the car door and wandered around the parking lot or gone into the store. Now, they are buckled into a seat most can't get out of. Years ago, a parent would have carried a very young baby in with them as they would be just set on the seat and not have been able to be left.
People Like This 
Old 07-12-2014, 03:12 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3168 Times on 1800 Posts
Likes Given: 18402

I'm totally with Winds on this one , you will have no windows nor kids when you return ! Stupid should hurt or at least cost !

Old 07-12-2014, 04:35 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 501 Times on 279 Posts

The oh I forgot excuse is a lie. I have three kids and they want let you forget they are in the car. It's more about a lazy irresponsible parent than forgetfulness.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:44 PM   #29
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7093 Times on 4270 Posts
Likes Given: 8604

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopowerbmx View Post
The oh I forgot excuse is a lie. I have three kids and they want let you forget they are in the car. It's more about a lazy irresponsible parent than forgetfulness.

Well, sometimes kids fall asleep during a car ride.

But most of the time when I had my young kids in the car I would talk to them, sing to them or with them, etc. No forgetting they were there. Even if they were sleeping, I wa constantly looking in the rear view mirror to look at them.
Rick1967 Likes This 
Old 07-12-2014, 11:30 PM   #30
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1908 Times on 1103 Posts
Likes Given: 3901

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopowerbmx View Post
We do not have kids; but, have 3 pups and when I put them in the back seat, they have the seat belt harness on.

The only time they were in the car, either getting ice water from the back for them or unlatching them to go shopping (pet friendly stores) or home.