You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Don't leave ur kids in car

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2014, 12:23 AM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22401 Times on 12496 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
There is some suspicion in this case.

But yes, you hear of this happening to children every summer. It's a terrible tragedy, indeed.
lots of suspicion as to whether he intentionally killed his own infant son.

a lot of controversy as to whether it was an accident, or if it was intentional.

it's sickening to think that someone would intentionally kill an eighteen month old child.

but the fact is, it was only in the upper 80's that day and the child was in the car about 7 to 8 hours and died as a result. whether accidetal or intentional is irrelevent, the child died as a result of hypothermia.

side note: if he did do it intentionally, i hope there is a special place in hell for this POS!
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 07-12-2014, 12:45 AM   #12
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10886 Times on 6491 Posts
Likes Given: 16101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
lots of suspicion as to whether he intentionally killed his own infant son.

a lot of controversy as to whether it was an accident, or if it was intentional.

it's sickening to think that someone would intentionally kill an eighteen month old child.

but the fact is, it was only in the upper 80's that day and the child was in the car about 7 to 8 hours and died as a result. whether accidetal or intentional is irrelevent, the child died as a result of hypothermia.

side note: if he did do it intentionally, i hope there is a special place in hell for this POS!
Hyperthermia........
People Like This 
Old 07-12-2014, 01:00 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 11096 Times on 5878 Posts
Likes Given: 23834

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF View Post
I leave my kids in the truck all the time when I go to the gas station.
How times have changed.... My mother stayed in the car and sent me in for her cigarettes. They always sold them to me, too. She just waived from the car to let the clerk know I was buying for an adult.

No offense and none taken

Old 07-12-2014, 02:09 AM   #14

Liked 562 Times on 336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
How times have changed.... My mother stayed in the car and sent me in for her cigarettes. They always sold them to me, too. She just waived from the car to let the clerk know I was buying for an adult.

No offense and none taken

I did the same thing for my dad

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

"I'm an A**hole"
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 07-12-2014, 02:15 AM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22401 Times on 12496 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

on many police vehicles, if the vehicle is to be used for K-9 usage, they offer an option that will automatically roll the power windows down if the engine shuts off for any reason as a safety for the dog that is in the vehicle while it's unattended.
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 07-12-2014, 08:08 AM   #16

Liked 278 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I remember a case of a police K-9 dog that died in a hot car ...

These cases of kids forgotten in cars may be on the rise because the kids are usually placed in the back seat for safety . Out of sight. Out of mind . A change of routine such as daycare being closed one day can lead to a kid dying .

You may say you'd never make such a mistake and you may be right, but an absent-minded person like me could ....now what were we talking about again ?

Old 07-12-2014, 08:13 AM   #17

Liked 2514 Times on 1348 Posts
Likes Given: 1479

Anybody that would leave their kid in a hot car shouldn't be allowed to have kids!
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-12-2014, 11:15 AM   #18
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8293 Times on 4265 Posts
Likes Given: 9560

The act of leaving your child in a car could or may not be neglectful according to the situation but if you do it and something happens that is bad, it is beyond any shadow of a doubt neglect or worse. The case that Axxe is talking about seems to be more a case of hot blooded murder by almost all accounts ive heard. The POS did willfully and purposely leave his kid in that oven to roast like a Thanksgiving goose while he went on with his normalish work day. He needs to be locked up for 20 or so years to think about what he did...
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #19

Liked 600 Times on 360 Posts
Likes Given: 3131

We didn't have that kind of a problem when I was a kid. We usually parked our Dinosaur in the shade of a tree, and besides they didn't have any enclosures.

In reality when I was a kid all the windows were left open when mom ran into the store, and she was only gone for maybe 10 minutes. It was better sitting in that ol 53 Buick than being outside in the sun.
People Like This 
Old 07-12-2014, 01:18 PM   #20

Liked 133 Times on 82 Posts
Likes Given: 66

I believe cars get hotter these days then they did when most of us were going up. They have sound deadening material and a different type of glass that I'm a firm believer that purposely makes it hotter inside to make you run the AC more. Just a theory of mine.

As for forgetting a child it is easy with a change of routine, though that is still not an excuse. As an example with our first born I set him on the hood of the car, in his baby seat, loaded the car and got in. Felt like I was missing something and realized what it was when I looked over the hood of the car. This was one of our first outings after he was born. It was a matter of getting into the habit of knowing he was there. Never forgot him on, outside, or inside the car again. Did forget the diaper bag on top of the car a few times though.

But it does seem like more and more stories of people leaving small children in cars is popping on the news every day.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This