Don't be that guy
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Don't be that guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 326 Times on 181 Posts

Default Don't be that guy

I've let all my shooting buds know where I get 9mm. It's not close to home or work for any of us yet they have it. It's a 2 box per caliber limit per day but they always seem to have ammo (except .22 LR). I go there when I can and pickup ammo when I can. It's a trek but I do it. My buddies? They hit box stores closer to home that NEVER have anything because they can't be troubled to make that trek, which frankly is less for them because they live closer. So here we come, IDPA season starting. I've been making this trek all winter, buying 2 boxes when I can, and squirreling it away. I go today then send a picture to my buds, saying I got it and they have it, and what happens??? It's, "Hey, can I bum two boxes on Saturday?" Mother trucker what? Get your azz in your car and go there. Nothing like telling long time friends to get f-ed but really, I'm not your damn ammo store. I had to get up early on weekends to go there. I had to go way out of my way after work to go there. I drove there, racing, in traffic, snow, rain, wind, dark to get there 2 minutes before they closed to get two boxes here and there and now you want me to give it to you or sell it to you? I'm sorry but no flipping way. Don't be this guy! If this is you, don't be this guy. You're trivializing my efforts, the hassle. I don't deliver pizzas and I sure as hell don't deliver ammo, and certainly not to people that couldn't be inconvenienced to get it themselves while I was neck deep in inconvenience.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Don't you wish you had some blanks you could give them for the competition?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 02-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Don't you wish you had some blanks you could give them for the competition?
You have a cruel, evil mind. I like it!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2832 Times on 1406 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Why send the picture?

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld
dango Likes This 
Old 02-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #5

To prove they had it. When I asked him if he went there over the weekend he said he called and was told they were out. I was there Sunday afternoon at the range so I knew that wasn't true. Then I go today and of course, like Sunday, they had it. It was just an excuse. He didn't want to make the trek. If I sat in my house or bar and watched basketball and drank then hey, I wouldn't have ammo either.

Last edited by indy36; 02-28-2013 at 10:45 PM.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-28-2013, 10:50 PM   #6

And you know I'm the dick. Probably being called selfish and a a-hole right this very second.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #7

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy36
And you know I'm the dick. Probably being called selfish and a a-hole right this very second.
Don't sweat it man.. It's like the old children's story.. You did the work.. For you, not them..
Tell them they can have it for 2-3x the price.. When he says 'that's messed up' you can say what's messed up is your lazy and lied, now go get your own damn ammo.. I have have life long friends but wouldn't do this for them and wouldn't ask them to do that for me..

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy36 View Post
Show up with an extra box of ammo for one of them for competition or practice, then ask to use their gun for the competition. I know i'm a little bit redneck, but that's a leeeetle more personal than borrowing my car or lawn mower. See how they like that idea, and i mean "borrow" as in take home with you to play with out of their sight. That'll be the turd in the punchbowl.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #9

Liked 72 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I don't tell anyone I have ammo. Avoids embarrassing problems in the future and besides I'm quite stingy.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:25 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2832 Times on 1406 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy36 View Post
Life's like that. Nothing to loose any sleep over.

My biggest regret with the current gaggle is that I wish I'd thought to stock up on .22 ammo.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld