Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Don't be that guy (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/dont-guy-85436/)

indy36 02-28-2013 06:53 PM

Don't be that guy

I've let all my shooting buds know where I get 9mm. It's not close to home or work for any of us yet they have it. It's a 2 box per caliber limit per day but they always seem to have ammo (except .22 LR). I go there when I can and pickup ammo when I can. It's a trek but I do it. My buddies? They hit box stores closer to home that NEVER have anything because they can't be troubled to make that trek, which frankly is less for them because they live closer. So here we come, IDPA season starting. I've been making this trek all winter, buying 2 boxes when I can, and squirreling it away. I go today then send a picture to my buds, saying I got it and they have it, and what happens??? It's, "Hey, can I bum two boxes on Saturday?" Mother trucker what? Get your azz in your car and go there. Nothing like telling long time friends to get f-ed but really, I'm not your damn ammo store. I had to get up early on weekends to go there. I had to go way out of my way after work to go there. I drove there, racing, in traffic, snow, rain, wind, dark to get there 2 minutes before they closed to get two boxes here and there and now you want me to give it to you or sell it to you? I'm sorry but no flipping way. Don't be this guy! If this is you, don't be this guy. You're trivializing my efforts, the hassle. I don't deliver pizzas and I sure as hell don't deliver ammo, and certainly not to people that couldn't be inconvenienced to get it themselves while I was neck deep in inconvenience.

orangello 02-28-2013 07:01 PM

Don't you wish you had some blanks you could give them for the competition? :D

texaswoodworker 02-28-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 1158046)
Don't you wish you had some blanks you could give them for the competition? :D

You have a cruel, evil mind. I like it! :D

Overkill0084 02-28-2013 07:13 PM

Why send the picture?

indy36 02-28-2013 10:30 PM

To prove they had it. When I asked him if he went there over the weekend he said he called and was told they were out. I was there Sunday afternoon at the range so I knew that wasn't true. Then I go today and of course, like Sunday, they had it. It was just an excuse. He didn't want to make the trek. If I sat in my house or bar and watched basketball and drank then hey, I wouldn't have ammo either.

indy36 02-28-2013 10:50 PM

And you know I'm the dick. Probably being called selfish and a a-hole right this very second.

deadsp0t 02-28-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indy36
And you know I'm the dick. Probably being called selfish and a a-hole right this very second.

Don't sweat it man.. It's like the old children's story.. You did the work.. For you, not them..
Tell them they can have it for 2-3x the price.. When he says 'that's messed up' you can say what's messed up is your lazy and lied, now go get your own damn ammo.. I have have life long friends but wouldn't do this for them and wouldn't ask them to do that for me..

orangello 02-28-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indy36 (Post 1158291)

Show up with an extra box of ammo for one of them for competition or practice, then ask to use their gun for the competition. I know i'm a little bit redneck, but that's a leeeetle more personal than borrowing my car or lawn mower. See how they like that idea, and i mean "borrow" as in take home with you to play with out of their sight. That'll be the turd in the punchbowl.

RUG3R44 02-28-2013 11:27 PM

I don't tell anyone I have ammo. Avoids embarrassing problems in the future and besides I'm quite stingy. :D

Overkill0084 03-01-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indy36 (Post 1158291)

Life's like that. Nothing to loose any sleep over.

My biggest regret with the current gaggle is that I wish I'd thought to stock up on .22 ammo.