Don't Forget the meaning of the 4th - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Don't Forget the meaning of the 4th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 07:32 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
There was a comedian talking about how they don't teach American Revolution in school over in England. Not sure if he was completely joking or not?
I've got a few British family members. They really don't teach much of it. There's just a small section in one or two history books about our revolt and they largely focus on the battles that England won.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:07 AM   #12

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Did I see correctly, gas was 4.65?

Old 07-02-2009, 10:33 AM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post
Being a product of English and Irish heritage, I've often thought of Great Britain as the "mother country."

Three summers ago while touring Northern Europe and the British Isles, we found ourselves in London on July 4th. At the time, England's "football" (soccer) team was engaged in the World Cup finals. There were parties and celebrations practically everywhere. While at a pub enjoying a pint of Guinness with fish & chips, I jokingly asked if the English were celebrating July 4th? After a brief pause, the meaning finally sunk in and was not well received. I thought it was funny, until my wife reminded me I was unarmed, as per local custom.

Anyway, the English team got it's butt kicked, by Italy I think.

Hey lucky you got outta there alive mate

Soccer is the religion that trumps 'religion' in the UK, so if they got beaten by Italy, it could have turned really ugly...even without the 4th July crack lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
I've got a few British family members. They really don't teach much of it. There's just a small section in one or two history books about our revolt and they largely focus on the battles that England won.
We did the American Revolution quickly in one afternoon, just to say we'd been 'taught' it. Of it I remember very little I'm afraid to say...it wasn't in our exams that term.

Whereas we did interminable hours of doomed outback explorers dying in deserts etc...and diggers dying in foreign wars for England

Old 07-02-2009, 05:07 PM   #14

Default Check it out

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1192489289468&ref=nf