Don't drink the water, says 4th-largest Ohio city
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Don't drink the water, says 4th-largest Ohio city

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2014, 08:47 PM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1954 Times on 1136 Posts
Likes Given: 4105

Default Don't drink the water, says 4th-largest Ohio city

Price gouging on .22LR, now newest price gouging on "WATER"!

More at the link:

Don't drink the water, says 4th-largest Ohio city

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TOLEDO_WATER_PROBLEMS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMP LATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-08-02-06-52-14

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) -- Toxins possibly from algae on Lake Erie fouled the water supply of the state's fourth-largest city Saturday, forcing officials to issue warnings not to drink the water and the governor to declare a state of emergency as worried residents descended on stores, quickly clearing shelves of bottled water.

"It looked like Black Friday," said Aundrea Simmons, who stood in a line of about 50 people at a pharmacy before buying four cases of water. "I have children and elderly parents. They take their medication with water."

The city advised about 400,000 residents in Toledo, most of its suburbs and a few areas in southeastern Michigan not to brush their teeth with or boil the water because that would only increase the toxin's concentration. The mayor also warned that children should not shower or bathe in the water and that it shouldn't be given to pets.

'Do not drink, do not boil' water advisory issued for issued for Lucas County, surrounding area
http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/26178506/do-not-drink-do-not-boil-water-advisory-issued-for-issued-for-lucas-county-surrounding-area

The health department says it is critical that residents know the following:

1. It is safe for healthy adults to bathe, wash their hands, and shower. While bathing, children should be under the supervision of an adult to prevent accidental drinking of the water.

2. Do not drink tap water until the all clear is given, this also includes pets.

3. Do not use tap water to cook until the all clear is given.

4. Do not boil tap water.

5. It is ok to use and flush your toilet.

Below is a list of all the areas affected:

•ALL of Lucas County
•Parts of Fulton County (excluding Swanton)
•Toledo
•Perrysburg
•Perrysburg Township
•Bedford Township
•Walbridge
•Northwood
•Troy Township
•Rossford
•Lake Township
•Maumee
•Sylvania
•Ottawa Hills
•Erie Township
•Village of Metamora
•Eastern Swan Creek Township
•Village of Whitehouse
•Luna Pier
•La Salle Township
•Springfield Township
•Sylvania
•Sylvania Township
•Waterville
•Whitehouse
•South County Water Customers - Michigan

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 08-02-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-02-2014, 09:59 PM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2131 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 635

That is pretty bad. The hoarders will seize the "Opportunity" to buy up the supplies and gouge just like they did with the rim fire ammo. I find this unpardonable as ammo was a luxury while water is a necessity. A crisis always brings the rats out to feed off of the misery of others. Do not buy any unsealed water. If it becomes severe Budweiser will bring in canned water and distribute it. They are very good about emergencies. I am sure a lot of people will gladly substitute beer.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

People Like This 
Old 08-02-2014, 11:38 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

i love my well water.

i will never live anywhere i cant be on personal well water

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Bigcountry02 Likes This