Don't advertise if you don't want to sell -- a rant.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Don't advertise if you don't want to sell -- a rant.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 04:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1116 Times on 583 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default Don't advertise if you don't want to sell -- a rant.

Okay. I NEED a .22 magum rifle. You see, about four or five months ago I bought a Ruger Single Six Convertible. Been a while since I'd owned one, and I like the fact it shot both .22lr, which I already stocked ammo for, and .22 mag, which gave me more flexibility with the gun. Well, then, since I already had to buy .22 mag ammo, it made perfect sense to buy the AMT Automag II . . . since I had to buy .22 magnum ammo anyway. But that got me to thinking . . . heck, I needed a .22 magum rifle to go with the handguns. So I've been keeping my eye out for one, and on a Pennsylvania gun forum I saw a Ruger 77/22 mag rifle for sale at what could be a very good price. I really like my 77/22 in .22 long rifle, and this gun was priced about $150 less. If it was in decent shape you bet I was gonna snap it up. So, Sunday afternoon I both emailed the guy, and sent him a pm on the forum. No reply. Monday evening I called and left a message on the phone number provided in the message. No reply. This morning I was going to be close to where the seller indicated he lived, and I sent a text message to the phone number. No response.

Now, this guy was selling about 10 guns on the site, and when you called the phone number the recording said that I had called _____________ Arms. So this guy seems to be a least a part time dealer. So how about a little common courtesy here? Let me know if the gun is available, and if so send me some pics, and if I like it I'll hand you some cash and take my new rifle home. What's so f'ing complicated about that? Now I am so irritated that if the seller called me RIGHT NOW, I DON'T WANT the dang gun. Okay, I lied, I still do. But I'd be snotty about it.

Last edited by txpossum; 06-26-2013 at 04:13 AM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-26-2013, 05:06 AM   #2

Liked 2400 Times on 1557 Posts

Ever try buying from armslist? I was going to.meet a guy at his place during my lunch break. I made plans before, he said he would be there at set time, and gave me directions. I said if its what he was describing I would buy it.

I called before I left, to make sure he was home.

@$$wipe: hello

Primer: hey, this is the guy that called about the shotgun. I'm on my way if you are there.

@$$wipe: well, I sold it.

Primer: well, I said I would be there, its almost that time.

@$$hole: another guy showed up with the money, so I sold it to him.

Primer: so why did I make plans at a certain time, then rush to the mac machine before work, and am talking to you now?

@$$hat: to buy this gun, but...

Primer: exactly. Thanks buddy.

--click--

Feral cat waterboarder

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 06-26-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1620 Times on 869 Posts
Likes Given: 2634

"I NEED this gun/that gun. Since I already have x-caliber ammo I also need that gun" You sound like somebody I know...

Old 06-26-2013, 07:13 AM   #4

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Rant acknowledged, but it seems more of a price thing you are after than a gun thing.

Jim

Now this is a 22 Mag you should be looking for.

Last edited by bigjim; 06-26-2013 at 07:18 AM.
dango Likes This 
Old 06-26-2013, 07:22 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Had something like this happen to me once. I'm STILL PISSED about it. There was a guy on armslist selling (2) 16 ga bolt action Mossberg shotguns together for $120. I told him I would pay shipping if he would send them to my local shop. He said that would be fine, and I asked where I need to send the payment (This was on a Friday). Well, a day passed with no reply, so I sent him another email. Still no reply. On Monday, I looked up his number and called him. He had just sold them to someone else.

About a month later, he emailed me to tell me he had a Mossberg pump, and that he would sell it to me. I told him no.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 06-26-2013 at 09:50 AM.
dango Likes This 
Old 06-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #6
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7022 Times on 4225 Posts
Likes Given: 8461

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
Okay. I NEED a .22 magum rifle. You see, about four or five months ago I bought a Ruger Single Six Convertible. Been a while since I'd owned one, and I like the fact it shot both .22lr, which I already stocked ammo for, and .22 mag, which gave me more flexibility with the gun. Well, then, since I already had to buy .22 mag ammo, it made perfect sense to buy the AMT Automag II . . . since I had to buy .22 magnum ammo anyway. But that got me to thinking . . . heck, I needed a .22 magum rifle to go with the handguns.
I really like the way you think.
dango Likes This