A A and it don,t work for me...! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > A A and it don,t work for me...!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #21
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6698 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 7236

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Tell me my friend , did you develop a kind of weird likening to the tubes , wires and such..? Like maybe a fetish..? Mine had names , yeap , Victoria , CP3PO-Ed,
And lovely Lucy...! Eeeeek..! I don,t drink , smoke , drug , but need to fondle a mean tube or two..!
Just the opposite, Before I became a living pincushion for wires, pipes and prickers I had a extreme fear of needles, after it became 2 fold! Injury and pain never really bothered me all that much, I just grab a paper towel and some Electricians tape and drive on; this was a life changing event like I had never imagined and it scares me to think about it even 25 years later. I had a damn 1/2" gasline sticking in my ribcage draining a popped lung cavity for 14 days and I could not roll over or even get out of bed to piss as long as it and the catheter, other liquid lunch tubes and medical cocktails were inserted in orifices and newly created holes.

In one 8 hour surgery, they wired my mouth shut, replaced my left eye socket, added a couple titanium butterfly plates to my cheeks and stuck me with a few drain tubes. I learned how to play ventriloquist quickly, I could speak clearly without moving my jaw or lips and got better at it every day.

15 day later when the Dr pulled the Lung cavity drain, it sucked in some air and he said, "Oh Sh!t, I may have to put the drain back in!", My instant reply was "NFW Doc, that aint gonna happen, thanks but no thanks". Luckily it purged itself over the next couple days otherwise Doc and I would have had a serious disagreement!

I had nightmares for years after that resembled the Movie Coma back in the 70's, that was Scary crap to me! I dont think Ive taken a pain killer since except once when I had a tooth go south in a bad way. I still sip my Whiskey now and then but learned to do that in the comfort of my own home not behind the wheel. Drinking and driving gave me a hangover that has lasted a lifetime since...

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 05-03-2013 at 12:25 PM.
People Like This 
Old 05-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3402 Times on 1912 Posts
Likes Given: 19197

May I just call you WEBLY..? I know the tubes well and the scar they leave , like shot by a 45 , I have a couple..! Eeeek..! They tell me a plastic surgeon was used..? I , want my money back and I would not allow this person modeling clay..!

Take care friend , for we are some what fragile..!

PS :I think I suffered brain damage cause I'm too stupid to be scared..!?
Eeeek..! Who would a thunk..?.

Last edited by dango; 05-03-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #23
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6698 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 7236

Quote:
May I just call you WEBLY..? I know the tubes well and the scar they leave , like shot by a 45 , I have a couple..! Eeeek..! They tell me a plastic surgeon was used..? I , want my money back and I would not allow this person modeling clay..!

Take care friend , for we are some what fragile..!

PS :I think I suffered brain damage cause I'm too stupid to be scared..!?
Eeeek..! Who would a thunk..?.
You can call me Webley or John, both work. I was never very easy on my body to begin with but as they say, a country boy will survive! You take care as well.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #24

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Yeap , it is in reference to "Alcoholics Anonymous"..! I have many acquaintances that quit drinking with the aid of AA..! This is great , and I 'm glad this works for them ..!

Me , my problem is not with alcohol , but keeping my dirty little paws off of pain meds..! I have in my possession , a free pass to get a shmorgusborg of some really fun stuff..! Eeeeek..! In my drawer , right here , right now , a script to get enough to achieve nirvana no doubt..!

Well , the AA thing just couldn't work for me.! AA , one week , you get a pat on the back , Kool . One month , you get a badge and a companion , (sponsor) .!
Again , very Kool..! One year , the brass band , 10 steps , again , very , very Kool. They celebrate and help each other and don't get me wrong , this is very Kool..! If this works , FRACKING GREAT...!

Me , I'm not quite....auh....normal..! I could not do it this way . I get together with a bunch of people and I'll start to drool..! Oh yeah , (PART-AY)..! If I start to ponder why I'm here i just blew it , it is now embedded in my hard-drive.!
Now , I 'm thinking about it .! Eeeek , really , Eeeek..!

I recently quit my fun pills ....oh....? I really don't no when .! I posted the day I quit , one week ago , two , three..? I honestly haven't a clue ..! No reminders ,
Deleted , kapoot..! I've not thought about it at all really..! Now , (Oh No ) , I just reminded myself what I just quit and I really want a few hundred about now.! Too many reminders , best to not think at all..! What ever .
There are others out there besides AA. NA for instance (Narcotics Anonymous) is the drug version of AA.

Don't let the magic bottle be your master man. It really does not matter how you get there. Just that you show up. It's not a bad thing to need help. It's also not a bad thing to go to alone. But you have to choose then not stray from the path to your goal.

Only you can allow the magc bottle to be your master, and only you can not allow it to do so.

I'll keep you in my prayers...

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

dango Likes This 
Old 05-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well drum junkie , I'm that guy that has been to meetings with friends that needed coaxing and been solo in most things in my own life..! I have a rock hard
Constitution and my mind is set , It will happen..! I may fail , and have failed , but became smarter , stronger and savor each and every success which is inevitable .! Once my mind is set , my confidence and spirit reach a higher plain.

All things with-in reason , will happen.! Once my goals are set , realistically , logically , there is nothing stopping it but me..! Not to boast , but all things I truly desire , Generally do happen..! This is right and my expectations
Are well with-in my grasp.!

Not to be twenty again , but to take what I have and optimize it to it's fullest.!
Five on the nose and I will expect set backs , but ,THIS WILL HAPPEN..! Just a way of life and no fantasy. .,

Thanks to all and the sound advise..! I do here you all and am open to learn as I go.! My desire is absolute and not my first rodeo , nor my last..!

Old 05-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Remember, opiate-derived pain killers make it more difficult to poop. Pooping need not be enhanced with challenges, IMO.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

dango Likes This 
Old 05-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Remember, opiate-derived pain killers make it more difficult to poop. Pooping need not be enhanced with challenges, IMO.

You might gots something there friend , anti-bear by (BLOW-TATION)..!
You need much ammo though , Eeeeek..! Death by constipation..! I have another script , (piece of paper) which gives me a few now and enough to kill a moose..! I won,t fill these scripts , more like trophies and lets me know just how
Long I've done without if that matters..! Paper will do no harm , I will not fill the scripts , but must pacify these doctors as not to complicate matters..!

Seems I can,t reach the heights needed to eye to eye these supreme beings ,
And their egos are far to large to look down so low as to acknowledge little
Tiny me..! No pills at hand , no danger..! I won't fall if I stay on the ground.!
No pills at hand , WELL GROUNDED..!

PS: All of you are helping more than you might understand.! It's got me
Super focused and almost , DEFENSIVE , and in this particular situation
It is a good thing not to be over confident , THANKS , more than you all know..!

Last edited by dango; 05-03-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3068 Times on 1776 Posts
Likes Given: 1909

Have you ever considered framing them and placing them on the wall with the other trophies you've conquered!

Think about it!

Old 05-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
Have you ever considered framing them and placing them on the wall with the other trophies you've conquered!

Think about it!
Hmmmm..! Haven't given it that much thought..! Was thinking more in the line of kindling..!

Hmmmm.?

Oh , I'm tired of my own sermons on this matter , talk the talk , walk the walk..! Time for action , I got a date with a HOT KATANA.!
See yah later ..!

Last edited by dango; 05-03-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post

Think about it!
The papers might make cool bullseyes for targets.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

dango Likes This