Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Don`t Mess With Texas!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 06:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Don`t Mess With Texas!

Sheriff: Attempted carjacker gets shot
Jared Taylor
November 10, 2008 - 6:32PM

EDINBURG -- The clerk warned Alejandro Salinas about the suspicious men who had been hanging out in front of the convenience store for the past hour.

He told Salinas to be careful as he went back out to his Chevrolet Z-71 pickup truck, that he had just filled at the Aziz Convenience Store about 11 a.m. Saturday.

Salinas walked out to his truck and hopped in.

But before he could close the door, 18-year-old Hector Severo Ramos was holding a .25-caliber pistol at Salinas' neck, said Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Treviño.

"He says ‘Get out of the truck. I'm going to take it and I'm going to kill you," Treviño said of Ramos.

Salinas told the gunman to calm down; they could work things out.

Then he pushed Ramos' pistol away, pulled out his own pistol and fired two 9 mm bullets into Ramos' chest.

Ramos fired once into the air and his arms fell onto Salinas.

The two men tumbled to the pavement as blood spilled from Ramos' chest.

Three men who were with Ramos took off from the convenience store at Texas Highway 107 and Alamo Road in a brown Chevrolet Impala, deputies said.

Sheriff's deputies responded to the scene and emergency crews rushed Ramos to McAllen Medical Center, where he died upon arrival.

Salinas had a license to carry a concealed firearm and a clean criminal record, Treviño said.

Ramos, a U.S. citizen who lived in South Alamo, had been arrested for giving a false report to a police officer, aggravated robbery, theft and engaging in organized criminal activity, Treviño said.

Ramos may have been involved with a local gang or attempting to start a new one, Treviño said.

Deputies continue to look for the three men who were with Ramos before he was shot. They could face murder and aggravated robbery charges, Treviño said.

"If they fled knowing (Ramos) was dying at the scene and they were all responsible for the commission of this felony, then they could be held liable for that," Treviño said.

Meanwhile, the sheriff said he would likely not pursue criminal charges against Salinas, who told deputies he killed Ramos in self-defense.

"This is not a murder," Treviño said. "This is a justifiable homicide."

http://www.themonitor.com/articles/shot_19729___article.html/attempted_carjacker.html

Three groups spend other people's money: children, thieves, and politicians. All three need supervision. —DICK ARMEY

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-19-2008, 02:46 PM   #2

good for him.

Change is not a destination, just as hope is not a strategy. - Rudy Giuliani

Knowing is half the battle. The other half is VIOLENCE.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Old 11-19-2008, 02:55 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I just received an e-mail about a very similar occurance in El Paso, Texas - but the "victim" was an off duty cop:

"Subject: THEY PICKED THE WRONG GUY TO ROB

Three armed felons tried to rob an El Paso Texas Police Officer (he's in civilian clothes) in front of a bank. The plan was to graB his back pack and get away on a stolen motorcycle. The well prepared Police Officer shot all of them, managing to kill 2 at the scene. The 3rd one was shot in both arms. Gun used: a 40 cal automatic pistol."

There are four pretty graphic pictures of the carnage - I don't want to post them in the open, unless we get a consensus ruling that no one is going to get offended, but I will warn you, it's 2 dead guys in pools of blood and one guy bleeding out, all crumpled in a heap near a motorcycle in the middle of the street with a group of about 50 people standing around "watching"...

Old 11-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2686 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Graphic? Hell, life is graphic. Crime is graphic. Death is graphic.

The wages of sin is death.

Good for him. May need to send him to the range to work on his markmanship in not finishing the job on #3. Center of mass, man! Arms are not center of mass. Now the bed wetters will cry about why he did not just shoot the other 2 in the arms.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I wanna live in Texas SOOOOO badly. Ain't no playin around there.

Mr.D, add me to the not offended by pictures list.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:12 PM   #6

Okay, we get a few more not offendeds and I will post them up - but I want to check with admin and the other mods first. Nothing worse than a horror movie would show you on TBS these days, but still....

Old 11-19-2008, 03:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I wanna live in Texas SOOOOO badly. Ain't no playin around there.

Mr.D, add me to the not offended by pictures list.
Yeah, and a Death Penalty in Texas is actually a Death Penalty.... I read somewhere, at one point, the State of Texas had put more prisioners to Death by Sentence than every other state that had the death penalty once it was re-instated.

Now THAT'S what I am talking about....

Old 11-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #8

Can I go on the "NOT OFFENDED LIST" too?

Can't imagine I'll see something I haven't seen before, but hope springs eternal, as they say........

Old 11-19-2008, 03:39 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2686 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Texas has executed 422 murderers since 1982. 202 white, 152 black, 66 hispanic, 2 "other". Included in these numbers is 3 females. 2 white and 1 black.

Interestingly Harris County (Houston) accounts for 106 of the above listed executions and 116 currently on death row. Texas has executed more murderers from Harris County than the entire state of Florida (#2 state).

I was in college in Huntsville when executions resumed in 1982. They used to begin the executions at midnight. Interestingly the bars in town all closed at midnight. We generally had a crowd at the Huntsville unit for the celebration. It was definately a hostile environment for the candlelight vigil numbskulls.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:56 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Good. Three more down.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams