Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Domestic Abuse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 04:47 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

You know what Doc congratulations on being sober my friend!!! I am glad she got to meet someone that will treat her like she is supposed to be treated. I am happy for the both of you guys

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
ain't skeered

Old 08-05-2010, 11:20 AM   #32
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2689 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Forget the not so dearly departed senor Black. His body should be hung from a fence post like a coyote as a warning to other douches. When one is banned, ALL his posts are stricken from the record. Suffice it to say, misogynistic NAZI's wil not last long.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 08-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #33
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2068 Times on 1123 Posts
Likes Given: 747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
I cant find what was that Mr. Black said about this subject. Im trying to understand why are you all mad a him. thanks
He blamed the woman for getting beat to death. Once banned, all his posts disappear.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 08-05-2010, 02:37 PM   #34

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha aka James_Black
I cant find what was that Mr. Black said about this subject. Im trying to understand why are you all mad a him. thanks

And again I say, Good Day Sir!

Old 08-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #35

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
[/I]

Nice catch my friend, good recon.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #36

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Abuse can happen to anyone, rich, poor, alcoholic, educated, professional, church going, etc. I know this because I am a victim of it. I don't drink, am educated, hold a professional position and like to think I am a nice, good person.

An abuser will do what they can to strip away any self esteem you have to where you feel like you are not worth the air you breathe. Usually that starts before they physical abuse. By then, you feel so low that you think you deserve it. If anyone took the time to look up domestic violence, you will find a graph that shows all the steps an abuser does. They will threaten you, abuse your pets, limit your money, drive off your friends and support including family. By then, you are left with nothing and not even a dime in your pocket that is not accounted for. You have no idea what the bills are because you are too afraid to stand up for yourself and ask. You are timed on how long you are gone when running errands. Everything in your life is controlled.

Sometimes the computer at work and friends I have made on it is all I have. So now that the economy has tanked, jobs are hard to find, I am stuck. I have a $170,000 mortgage in both our names, been trying to find a job out of state so one day I will just be able to disappear. But so far no luck. I have been stashing money back and trying to take control of my life and build my self esteem back. There are good days and bad days. But I know one day the time will be right and I will take back my life.

People don't realize how hard it is to actually leave. They don't realize when your spouse, who is supposed to protect you, does something that horrible to you, that it's a surreal feeling. By the time it's over and done with, they are back to the steps of asking forgiveness and being nice. When it is calm, it's easier to stay. And sometimes that calm lasts for a few months or longer.

The economy has me concerned that my credit will be ruined, jobs are not secure and I will be 1,000 miles away and perhaps not be able to support myself. I am at the point of planning and putting money back. Organizing things so what I want to take is easy to access. My car is in my name. I have car keys and house keys hidden outside. I have a bag packed and stored so I could walk out without anything. I know some women who are not as fortunate as I am to be able to do this.

So if you know any woman that is being abused, you have to let them know they have you as support. You will call the police, you will help protect them. Store things for them so if they can escape, the will at least have a change of clothes. The one thing most women fear most is the fear of being alone. And they are convinced they are so terrible that nobody else will want them.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #37
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
[/I]

Geez... the guy just doesn't give up.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato

Join the NRA

Old 08-05-2010, 11:44 PM   #38

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

As some of you know my mom was a victim of abuse that I did not know about. I come to find out after she was killed that my aunt and a couple of other people knew. They saw him point a gun at her on two occasions and saw bruises,etc.....and did NOTHING.

When I found out I literally lost it. I went on a manhunt, but the guy killed himself two days later, good riddens.

Please, if you know of someone being abused DON'T HESITATE!!! Report it, do something!! If you know and do nothing you are just as guilty imo.

It's hard to imagine how many people are affected by childhood and spousal abuse. It makes me very sad, and angry.

Woe to the man caught abusing by someone who feels the way I do.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:54 PM   #39
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
As some of you know my mom was a victim of abuse that I did not know about. I come to find out after she was killed that my aunt and a couple of other people knew. They saw him point a gun at her on two occasions and saw bruises,etc.....and did NOTHING.

When I found out I literally lost it. I went on a manhunt, but the guy killed himself two days later, good riddens.

Please, if you know of someone being abused DON'T HESITATE!!! Report it, do something!! If you know and do nothing you are just as guilty imo.

It's hard to imagine how many people are affected by childhood and spousal abuse. It makes me very sad, and angry.

Woe to the man caught abusing by someone who feels the way I do.
Jury Nullification. I would have no problem acquitting someone in that position.

Scott

Quote:
Quote:

Join the NRA