Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Domestic Abuse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
Banned after one post without the chance to clear his name or offer other's the enjoyment of seeing him make himself look dumber???
That's no fun.
I'll have to be sure not to post when I've been drinking.
Wasn't his first jackass response...

Old 08-04-2010, 05:38 PM   #22

Liked 685 Times on 367 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Solved that problem then.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 08-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #23
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2060 Times on 1117 Posts
Likes Given: 744

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 08-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #24
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I think Mr. Black was seriously confused. I think he thought that her inability to "do something about it" or "leave the situation" = "she deserved it." What I am completely befuddled by is how anyone can think that is the case. This is one thing that utterly enrages me, and for those of you that don't know me, that is saying something.

Tango I applaud you for "getting in the middle of it" despite what it ended up costing you. I have done the same thing, only it was on 6th street in Austin at about 2:30 - 3:00 o'clock in the morning. I did not physically harm the young man, I simply walked up beside him and put my arm around him so as to pin down both of his. I calmly and quietly explained a few things to him and told him "you do not want me to walk back over here." I must say the look of horror on his face was priceless. And again, the whole time this went on the girl was saying "it's OK, it's OK, we were leaving." WTF!?

To the abuser in the OP: You sir are not worth the salt on my sweaty nut sack.

My deepest condolences to this woman's family, and Doc please pass on our thoughts and cares to your daughter.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Unfortunately, this is quite common in my work with substance abusers. It's damned sad and many of the abused women don't make it out. If they do, they often pick the same type of guy all over again.

These women have incredibly low self esteem and it is further degraded by the continued abuse. There are no easy answers or cookie cutter solutions.

The only clear action that I can see is to ass whip the abuser into reasonableness. Even then, there's no guarantee of changed behavior.

It's just sad and frustrating.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-04-2010, 10:31 PM   #26

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
The only clear action that I can see is to ass whip the abuser into paralyzation.
That would guarantee results.
I don't know what to say here, Doc . I hope the woman's family can find some peace some day, and I her story can help some other woman escape from or avoid a similar situation.

BTW, that song is one of my favorites, but it seems to irritate my allergies

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 08-05-2010, 01:40 AM   #27

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Doc I am sorry about that. I have never been through that myself but I did have a family member that went through that. I wanted to kill him and I tried but she just wouldn't leave. She left him time after time lost custody of her son, lost her home, her car. I just couldn't understand why she would leave him then go back then I asked her what made her keep wanting to go back to him and she said that I will never understand the fear and hurt she goes through everyday when she isn't around him.She said she had to look over her shoulder and watch out for her family members including her son. I suppose he used everything he could to make her stay and it worked. They are still together today 8 years later he no longer abuses her physically but he does mentally. Which is the same to me. I know your daughter is really sad but you have to make sure you tell her that her friends death had absolutly nothing to do with her. I am sure she feels guilty in some way but reassure her that she done everything she could have. I think Benning put it perfect when he said that they were a b***h and should be treated as such!!!!

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
ain't skeered

Old 08-05-2010, 01:49 AM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2686 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

The recently departed Mr. Black had been teetering on the edge for nearly his entire tenure here. Good riddance.

I say this partially in jest..."All women are crazy".

It just depends on the degree of craziness and how much you are willing to put up with.

Women do not deserve to be abused, but some may believe they do in fact deserve it. There are some really seriously effed up people out there. There are some women that have such rock bottom self esteem, drug and alcohol issues, etc that they allow this kind of thing to go on.

Not to violate any personal trusts here, but I know a couple of women very well that went through these issues in the past. It took them many years of soul searching and near death experiences to make the break. Finding a properly repectful and loving partner is a huge step. They let several good ones get away because they were not ready to accept that kind of respect from a lover.

I have an uncle that married a Lebanese Christian woman. Beautiful lady. After a year or so, she lost all respect for him because he treated her as an equal. She turned into a monster. She was raised to believe the man must "dominate" the woman. She had an effed up idea that he was somehow weak because he treated her with love and respect, as a true partner. She found out he was not weak when he tossed her $hit out in the yard and changed the locks. Hasta la vista biotch.

As an LEO, I investigate these events and arrest the primary aggressor. 95% of the time this is the male. There are some role reversed relationships out there. We get Emergency Protective Orders whether the victim wants it or not. If the guy comes back, He goes to jail again. And again and again until she leaves or he gets enhanced to the point he does not get out on bond. Once she learns that she is not getting him back, she moves on. Sometimes with another abuser that starts the cycle all over again.

We work to break the cycle as best we can. Sometimes they deliberately starts another cycle. If she has kids in the house, we can get CPS involved and take her kids. She has to hit rock bottom to start to climb out of the hole. For many it is losing the kids that is their rock bottom. For some it is their last breath.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Last edited by robocop10mm; 08-05-2010 at 01:53 AM.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:42 AM   #29

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

I'd like to thank everyone for their responses to this. I will pass on your thoughts to my daughter. Another reason I got so worked up over this is because my loving wife, we have been married for 3 years on the 11th but have been together for 8, was the victim of heavy abuse by her first 2 husbands. I am no Jewell and we had our issues when drinking but that's why I have been sober 3.5 years now. She also stopped drinking, Feb, 07 for the both of us and we were married Aug, 11th 2007. Women who have been beaten need a different kind of support and love then any other woman you will ever know. Their lives have been hell since childhood, as my wife's was, and it just flows into their adult lives. Just to clarify we fought verbally...

Mr Black I do wish you would not have soiled this post with the B.S. comment. It wasnt a joke. The Limp Bizquit song I listen to when pissed fits the way your comment made me feel.

Its called, "You'll get knocked the F@@k out" Cause your mouths writing checks that your ass cant catch. Knocked straight the F@@k out.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:44 AM   #30

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Oh one other bit of goodness, this doucher has a quarter million dollar bail, which his scum bag friends will never raise.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.