Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Domestic Abuse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 02:36 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My wife "beats" me on a regular basis...I asked for it. I normally dress like a whore.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #12
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_black View Post
Im gonna be consider an ass for my reply but this is my point of view. "
You did get one thing right. You are an ass.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 08-04-2010, 03:09 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_black View Post
Im gonna be consider an ass for my reply but this is my point of view.

1. My condolences. The death of somebody, even that is a natural event and process, still sucks.

2. She deserves it. NOW NOW!!!! Im gonna explain why...so hold your horses for a minute.
James, I hate to jump on the bandwagon and attack you, but I feel it somewhat necessary.

Have you ever heard of Stockholm Syndrome? While usually associated with people that have been kidnapped, I imagine that it occurs in a large basis from women that are abused. This is a very real syndrome that happens out of a survival instinct, and it sounds like this woman was experiencing some very real abuse.

Now imagined your wife, sister, mother, daughter, niece, or cousin was this woman. Imagine that they really loved the guy, and for whatever reason, looked beyond the abuse and "saw him for who he was". Perhaps there was a decent person under all that power trip and beatings. As soon as she associated with the good things, she attached to those and to survive she "overlooked" the beatings. She was probably scared for her life. Scared he might find her if she left. More importantly, she was probably scared what he would do when he found her, or if she told someone.

Would you blame the woman if she was of relation to you? Would you say "oh, well it was Jane's fault for being with that guy anyway. Stupid whore."?

Having that much power over someone is not the fault of the victim. It is NEVER the fault of the victim. Should she have left the douche bag? Absolutely. Should someone have reported the beatings at her work? Probably. But don't you dare blame the woman for the beatings she took. I bet she was more of a man than you to sit there and take the beatings, than you are to blame her for them.

[/rant]

Old 08-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post
James, I hate to jump on the bandwagon and attack you, but I feel it somewhat necessary.

Have you ever heard of Stockholm Syndrome? While usually associated with people that have been kidnapped, I imagine that it occurs in a large basis from women that are abused. This is a very real syndrome that happens out of a survival instinct, and it sounds like this woman was experiencing some very real abuse.

Now imagined your wife, sister, mother, daughter, niece, or cousin was this woman. Imagine that they really loved the guy, and for whatever reason, looked beyond the abuse and "saw him for who he was". Perhaps there was a decent person under all that power trip and beatings. As soon as she associated with the good things, she attached to those and to survive she "overlooked" the beatings. She was probably scared for her life. Scared he might find her if she left. More importantly, she was probably scared what he would do when he found her, or if she told someone.

Would you blame the woman if she was of relation to you? Would you say "oh, well it was Jane's fault for being with that guy anyway. Stupid whore."?

Having that much power over someone is not the fault of the victim. It is NEVER the fault of the victim. Should she have left the douche bag? Absolutely. Should someone have reported the beatings at her work? Probably. But don't you dare blame the woman for the beatings she took. I bet she was more of a man than you to sit there and take the beatings, than you are to blame her for them.

[/rant]
Game. Set. Match.

Damn, James. You probably should've kept your opinion to yourself on this one!

Old 08-04-2010, 03:42 PM   #15

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Good Day Sir!

Old 08-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #16

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

This stuff is never OK!! People who take advantage of others by battering, whether mentally or physically, should be put down...No exceptions!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Which of the Gods of Valhalla dropped the hammer?

I was waiting for his "It's not the kid toucher's fault" thread.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #18

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Gone??

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:13 PM   #19

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Looks that way...

Old 08-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #20

Liked 663 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Banned after one post without the chance to clear his name or offer other's the enjoyment of seeing him make himself look dumber???
That's no fun.
I'll have to be sure not to post when I've been drinking.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington