Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Dogs Are Man's Best Friend & Sometimes Heroes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
When I was six, my dog "Nickel" got me lost in the woods (my own fault really)! He took off chasing a deer. And I took off chasing him.

To him, it was just a hunting expedition. We spent several days in the woods, wandering around mostly in circles.

That dog never left my side. My parents got him when I was born, and he quickly became "mine", and was my constant companion until he died when I was 8, just a few days before Christmas.

He was 1/2 catahoula, and 1/4 each Siberian husky, Alaskan malamute. We believe he was poisoned by someone.
Omg how unfortunate, its so evil how people would poison other people's beloved pet/family member.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

When I was a baby my parents had a Boxer named Sandy, it would sit on my night dress to keep me from crawling off when my mom was distracted.

We had a Collie named Candy when I was older, when it snowed and we were outside she loved to run and sideswipe you and knock you down in the snow, she especially loved to knock down my little brother for some reason. Some one poisoned her while we were away one day, my Dad had a really long, hard talk with the guy that lived behind us about the poisoning.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 09-16-2013, 11:14 PM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

Trip and D, I have a 45 ACP gift for people like that who poison dogs!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy