For the dogs. - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > For the dogs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #21
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
I would post a pic of my mute but hes even more camera shy than me and runs off everytime i try.
My buddys doby "Cane" was like that...he'd see camera or fire cracker and be gone faster than the flash on the camera. But i was sneaky and was able to get some shots of him....RIP Cane!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #22

Liked 1037 Times on 620 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman

Rest In Peace Buddy. Sometimes the best partners have four legs. Say howdy to my old pard Marko.
You are right, he was the best partner that i ever had.. he always had my back... i miss him dearly

Old 11-05-2011, 09:37 PM   #23

Liked 1037 Times on 620 Posts
Likes Given: 16

The problem with mine is just getting them to stay still long enough to get a photo

Old 11-06-2011, 01:31 AM   #24

Here's "Chopper", 25 lb. Pekingese/Poodle mix, not afraid of anything!

LOL, I take him pheasant hunting! And we have a great time!

First pic, 6 months old and in need of a haircut! (does not shed!)

Second pic, 5 years old waiting for me to throw his toy into the lake!

He's 8 years old now, wish he would live forever!

Last edited by Gordo323; 01-22-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:30 AM   #25

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts

This is Abbey, Golden Retriever. Big boned girl and absolutely fantastic member of the family. 90 lbs and a little overweight but not too much, she likes food. Has the bark of a Great Dane, scares the hell out of strangers when they approach the house with her deep voice. But the only danger they might be in is if she knocks them over trying to get a hug and kiss.
july-2009-012.jpg   july-2009-019.jpg  

Old 11-06-2011, 04:48 AM   #26
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2167 Times on 1329 Posts
Likes Given: 12156

Default One for all dog people

I first saw this on the wall of my vet's waiting room. He gave me a copy when I had to put one of my dogs down. To all the dogs and the people they own.

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or trecherous, is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer; he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wing and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in it's journey through the heavens. Senator George Vest, 1870.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #27
CGO

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 47

After my Pom Scotty died I didn't want another dog. But my husband found three dumped puppies on a gravel road. Two went to a no kill shelter and I keep Abby. I went from a 5lb. pom to a 55lb. hand full. I never had a big dog before but I love her dearly.
abby-1-001.jpg  

Old 11-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #28
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
This is Abbey, Golden Retriever. Big boned girl and absolutely fantastic member of the family. 90 lbs and a little overweight but not too much, she likes food. Has the bark of a Great Dane, scares the hell out of strangers when they approach the house with her deep voice. But the only danger they might be in is if she knocks them over trying to get a hug and kiss.
The way i see it, if the dog is getting overweight (like mine) the master needs more excersize!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #29

Liked 414 Times on 228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj
Griffin, Looks like ole Jethro is right in his element there. speaking of dogs with a 'tude, Ole Max the weiner dawg....gotta love any dog that bred to take out badgers!

LOVIN' IT, Keep 'em coming folks!
Jethro is a couch potato and a lap dog he thinks.
And Max is a true fighter he kills mice, opossums, and was the reason I had to give away my 140 lb mastiff pitbull mix dog he was a true guard dog super protective of myself and the wife. But max did not like him and kept trying to fight him over every little thing and $800 in vet bills later from two bites to the face/neck the big dog was gone and max still tries to be a bully. He's had a broken jaw, broken nose, multiple stitches and still thinks he's 10 ft tall and bullet proof but I just can't get give him away he's just a great house dog but wants to be the Alfa so bad.

play the victim, be the victim

Old 11-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #30

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
To all the dogs and the people they own.

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or trecherous, is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer; he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wing and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in it's journey through the heavens. Senator George Vest, 1870.
Indeed. Thank you.

TU

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”