Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > For the dogs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Default For the dogs.

OK, been reading on another thread about a dog attack. We got to jabbering about dogs and breeds.

Well, i figured i would start a thread (i hope there isnt one like this already buried deep inthe archives) dedicated to our best friends. I LOVE dogs, all dogs. I want to see 'em.

Post up your favorite pics and tales of your dogs here.

I guess i'll start us off w/ my Champion yella "Champ". Hes one of my favorite photo subjects and after 11 years together i have hard time choosing just one shot...so please bear with me.

He has earned himself quite the reputation here in the 'hood. If your screwing around, its best you dont do it around THIS house or you run a good chance of getting bit...or treed.

A funny tale about treeing. We had a group of illegals in the apartment behind us. One had 0 respect for property rights and would continually cut through the yard. I told this dumbarse on more than one occasion this wasnt public property and warned of dire consequences. He would just jabber back at me in a decidedly defiant tone in his native tongue.

One day while working out in my barn i heard the Champ going off and some squealing. Wondering what was going on, i peek out the door and see this offending mexican up my black walnut, with Champ underneath growling and barking.

Amazingly, the offender found he COULD speak some english and demanded i called my dog off. I just laughed and told him "I told you to stay the HELL outta my yard, you didnt listen!" and went back into the barn and continued with my project.

About 2 hours later, after finishing my project, i grabbed a beer from the fridge and looked out to check on the status of things. Champ was camped out, resting in the shade,(as i knew he would be) under the walnut and dumbarse was still parked in the walnut. I just went back in the barn and commenced to cleaning and drinking. A couple hours later i went out and went up to the house. On the way by i called Champ off, (only because i was out of beer in the barn fridge and needed to get some out of the house fridge) Silly mex clambered down and took off.

Needless to say he no longer cut thru my yard after that.

Thats just one tale (one of the more funny ones) of MANY the Champion has accumulated throughout his 11 years of keep "the natives" in check around here.

THE BEAST!!

Us, in our element...

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1739 Times on 1255 Posts
Likes Given: 1981

Default Old yeller.........

You just can't beat a yellow lab.....Esp. when you have one with that big square head and jaws big enough to swallow a goose.......I had one that removed my rifle from the top of my pickup when I for got my knife in the woods after gutting a fox squirrel. Seems he wasn't ready to quit huntin.....

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 11-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
You just can't beat a yellow lab.....Esp. when you have one with that big square head and jaws big enough to swallow a goose.......I had one that removed my rifle from the top of my pickup when I for got my knife in the woods after gutting a fox squirrel. Seems he wasn't ready to quit huntin.....
LMAO!! Yep, sounds like a yella fer sure. I start gathering up poles, loading canoe or digging in the gun safe and he starts doing "back flips" he gets SO excited...he's even gotten to the point he'll lay down in FRONT of the truck (he got left behind ONCE for health/safety reasons) to make SURE he gets to go. Damn dogs are too smart for their own good sometimes.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #4

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

My partner "BUDDY" narcotics and bite dog

In loving memory
20111105_110250-1.jpg

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 11-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
My partner "BUDDY" narcotics and bite dog

In loving memory
Attachment 34720
Sorry to hear about Buddy moving on. Its a tough thing to endure.

LOL @ "Bite dog" I would much rather get beaten down by a cop and his stick then to be made a chew toy for his partner!!!

Old 11-05-2011, 04:24 PM   #6

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

My son Tobi. Never under estimate a small poodle for home security and protection.....

100_1647-7.jpg  

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 11-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #7
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
My son Tobi. Never under estimate a small poodle for home security and protection.....
INDEED!! Viscious, evil little beasts for sure...how they pack that much attitude into such a little body is beyond me!!

Old 11-05-2011, 04:43 PM   #8

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

Sorry to hear about Buddy moving on. Its a tough thing to endure.

LOL @ "Bite dog" I would much rather get beaten down by a cop and his stick then to be made a chew toy for his partner!!!
Yes sir, it affected me greatly. I still get teary eyed when i talk about him....ive got a section of wall in my living room as a memoir for him.. photos, his badge, his loved training cong, and his leash are displayed.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 11-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #9

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

forumrunner_20111105_124853.jpg

forumrunner_20111105_124748.jpg

These are my buddies!

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

Old 11-05-2011, 05:08 PM   #10

Liked 396 Times on 219 Posts

Well here are my guys and gals
There is nothing like coming home to them being so happy to see me after a long day of work. I've been working for the last 3 months without a day off and they never ask why I fall asleep in my recliner before 9 every night. They are like our kids.
image-1131590486.jpg
Jethro the Bassett

image-2828230280.jpg
Waffels the pound dog

image-2697612558.jpg
Fudge my wife and max

image-2705221926.jpg
Max

image-580262012.jpg
Fudge Aka the one eyed monster.

play the victim, be the victim