Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Dog vs. Skunk / Dog Loses. HELP!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/dog-vs-skunk-dog-loses-help-13032/)

Jo da Plumbr 04-19-2009 03:44 PM

Dog vs. Skunk / Dog Loses. HELP!!

My Dog just got hit by a Skunk. Any suggestions?

dango 04-19-2009 03:52 PM

Tomato juice and good luck...!:eek:

hunter Joe 04-19-2009 04:02 PM

1 Qt. Peroxide
ľ Cup Baking Soda
1 Tsp Liquid Soap
Sponge Dog, Also Do Mouth Area
Let Stand For Five Minuets
Rinse With Cool Water

Here it is old family cure that really works.

Benning Boy 04-19-2009 04:47 PM

Nature Miracle. Wash with soap and water first, spray Nature Miracle on and allow to dry. $10 at Petsmart.

Jo da Plumbr 04-19-2009 05:44 PM

Well three soap and water baths and two tomato juice baths and the poor dog still smells horrible. I wouldnít even mind if it smelled like skunk. Itís so bad itís like some kind of toxic nerve agent. Even breathing through my mouth my eyes water and I gag.

My car is destroyed just from the dog being in it to drive home. Didnít help Iím sure that the dog was spraying froth from its mouth and throwing up as I was driving.

Ever had a dog shake tomato juice on you/ My breezeway looks like some kind of crime scene. With all the red running down my driveway Iíll be surprised if the cops donít show up looking for the axe murderer.

On my way to Pet smart hoping for a miracle, and Rite Aid for peroxide. What a F'd up morning!

Thanks for the help guys!

Benning Boy 04-19-2009 05:57 PM

I was at work, the wife was off.

I'm driving home, pull onto my street, and detect skunk. "Aww, some poor shmoe got skunked."

Gets stronger as I approach my house. Open the door, and WHAMMO!

She never even saw it coming, hit them both while she was walking him.

I'm running down to Hadji's MiniMart looking for tomato juice, all he has is Campbells tomato soup. Buy a bunch of that at 3X the price of a regular store, to no avail.

It was a bad night.:eek:

dango 04-19-2009 06:45 PM

Don't mean to laugh but Ha ha haaaaaaaa.....! I've had the same experience with my dog. The next bad day,Porcupines..!!
Also a very bad day.!Now with the skunks,my dog stunk for two weeks,he was pitiful.Take him swimming,that helps....Ha haaaa.

Jo da Plumbr 04-19-2009 06:54 PM

My dog Nakota thought she was quicker than a rattlesnake. She wasn't! Luckily I got her to the vet quick and she was ok after a stay in the pet hospital. Her poor little nose swelled up like a football. Lost her this time last year at the age of 16.

Roscoe seems to smell less. Either that or my nose is burned beyond sensing it anymore.

canebrake 04-19-2009 07:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr (Post 96468)
My Dog just got hit by a Skunk. Any suggestions?

Hey Jo, I thought all the skunks were up in the state capitol??

I wouldn't talk too much about the incident. Don't your state political officers fine dog owners for hate crimes when their dog bullies wildlife provoking them into defending themselves?

For skunks I think they track large purchases of tomato juice.

Clean-up that driveway and keep a watch out for one of Napolitano's black choppers!

Here's the insiders secret I overheard JD telling someone, "To remove that foul doggie odor use (not your Hugo Boss body splash) PH for mens!"

Attachment 2410

Here's how to apply;

Attachment 2411

And if all else fails, PH Fairy Dust!!!

Attachment 2412

Jo da Plumbr 04-19-2009 07:36 PM

I can always count on you to cheer me up Cane.:D