DOG-FOOD...DRY or WET...... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > DOG-FOOD...DRY or WET......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I've fed my GSD Purina One dry since she was a puppy. She grew up extremely healthy and still is at age 12. We don't feed her people food ever and forget canned moist food. The only thing she occassionally gets are when we have baby carrots in the house for a treat. They are very good for dogs as for people. She absolutely loves them. We recently switched to Dog Chow as I was sick and tired of the prices for One going up every time I turned around. She is doing just as well on regular Dog Chow as on the higher priced Purina. I don't put a price on my beloved shepherd's health, but it was getting ridiculous.

I had a vet explain to me once that the expensive foods like Iams and Science Diet are not better than the name brand dry foods. They just have less fillers like vegetable meals. There's nothing wrong with vegetable meals for a dog. Vegetable proteins are just as healthy for a canine as they are for people. She fed her rotweiler Iams just because they poop a bit less with the foods containing less fillers.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The bottom line is the FDA sets standards and all the foods meet them. It's a dog people. What gets me irritated is the people that preach to me about other dog foods. Clearly I don't care, it's kind of like religion people feel the need to force.

(not talkling bout anyone here)

Last edited by nukinfuts29; 06-08-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #13

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Blue Buffalo Dry food that I feed my dog.

Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Potato Starch, Turkey Meal, Peas, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Potatoes, Tomato Pomace (source of Lycopene), Natural Chicken Flavor, Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids), Alfalfa Meal, Whole Carrots, Whole Sweet Potatoes, Blueberries, Cranberries, Barley Grass, Dried Parsley, Dried Kelp, Taurine, Yucca Schidigera Extract, L-Carnitine, L-Lysine, Turmeric, Oil of Rosemary, Beta Carotene, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Niacin (Vitamin B3), d-Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Biotin (Vitamin B7), Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Ascorbate (source of Vitamin C), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Choline Chloride, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate, Salt, Caramel, Potassium Chloride, Dried Yeast (source of Saccharomyces cerevisiae), Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation product, Dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product

Ol Roy dog food.

Ground yellow corn, meat and bone meal, soybean meal, chicken by-product meal, wheat middlings, animal fat [preserved with BHA and citric acid], natural flavor, brewers rice, salt, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, choline chloride, color added [red #40, yellow #5, blue #2], zinc sulfate, vitamin E supplement, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, niacin, copper sulfate, vitamin A supplement, biotin, manganous oxide, calcium pantothenate, vitamin B12 supplement, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, menadione sodium bisulfite complex [source of vitamin K activity], riboflavin supplement, sodium selenite, calcium iodate, folic acid, vitamin D3 supplement, cobalt carbonate

I don't know the last time I looked corn was not what dogs ate in the wild. Corn is not even good for cows.

I don't care what you feed your dog just don't get pissed when someone states a FACT about dog food.

I know some people who feed their dog exactly what they eat. If they are have a t-bone, potato, and green beans. Then that is what the dog eats as well. I also know some people who only feed a raw food diet to their dogs. They have a Great Dane that is 15 years old and can run 8 miles every other day.

Evo Grain free is even better for your dog.

untitled2.jpg

Last edited by gunnut07; 06-08-2012 at 05:34 PM.