Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Dog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #71
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6741 Times on 4072 Posts
Likes Given: 8037

Oh,yeah, I also know there are dogs that can sniff out bed bugs. Shihan, a member here on the forum, is an exterminator and the company he works for has a bed bug sniffing dog.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #72
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1992d View Post
Thats awsome! All my dog can do is follow the cat around then eat its poo. Thats the shi tzu that my dad had to have. My 2 dogs are my best friends
Thats why those useless, yapping, ankle biting beasts are called $H!T-zu's

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 01-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #73

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Kfox, I believe your personal case of diabetes has to be pretty much uncontrollable to be able to get a dog, but I don't know for sure.

My cousin's diabetes is so whack, she has pricked her finger for a test, dog goes nuts, she passed out, and the test showed a safe blood sugar level all at the same time. Another test immediately after showed her blood sugar had dropped suddenly while she was actually in the process of doing a test.

Obviously those diabetes patients like my aunt, who doesn't even need a regular finger prick, aren't high on the list to get a diabetes dog. My aunt pays attention to what she eats (not even a very strict diet) and gets regular exercise, and has no trouble at all. She's one of the very lucky ones.

If yours is severe, check into it, they are lifesavers.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #74
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1488 Times on 912 Posts
Likes Given: 7311

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Kfox, I believe your personal case of diabetes has to be pretty much uncontrollable to be able to get a dog, but I don't know for sure.

My cousin's diabetes is so whack, she has pricked her finger for a test, dog goes nuts, she passed out, and the test showed a safe blood sugar level all at the same time. Another test immediately after showed her blood sugar had dropped suddenly while she was actually in the process of doing a test.

Obviously those diabetes patients like my aunt, who doesn't even need a regular finger prick, aren't high on the list to get a diabetes dog. My aunt pays attention to what she eats (not even a very strict diet) and gets regular exercise, and has no trouble at all. She's one of the very lucky ones.

If yours is severe, check into it, they are lifesavers.
Minor misunderstandung, No big deal though. I was refering to my friend's son who is almost that bad. He has an appointment with an endicrologist on tuesday, and I am hoping they can help him.

My own diabeties is under close to perfect control now, due to the fact that I learned the hard way. Losing half your sight and half of a foot is one hell of a good teacher. Sorry about the confusion trip.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 01-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #75

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

No need to apologize, and in glad you've got it under control.

And if your friend's son is that bad off, yes, check into it, one of these dogs could very well save his life.