Dog - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Dog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1158 View Post
My dog would be confused as all hell if you came dressed like that
lol!...it's my dogs favorite...they would loose their minds if I dressed up like a frankfurter...second only to string cheese

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #52
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2497 Times on 1512 Posts
Likes Given: 13693

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
kfox, i enjoyed that story. sad, but she knew she was loved. i too have had to put down one of my beloved animals, and it is one of the hardest things to do. so i know the pain you have felt, and sympathize with you. they do bring much happiness into our lives for the short time they are here. i think that we need to cherish that time sa much as possible.

fmj, me too! BTDT! animals are honest and true. no hidden agendas, not after your money or possessions. just some love and attention. i wish people would take a lesson from animals at times.
I think you'll get a kick out of this one Axxe.

In November of 2005 I got an infection in my left foot. Long story short, it went gangrenous and they had to cut a large part of my foot of. I spent 6 and a half weeks in the hospital due to this. During this time, I kept asking how my dog was, and all I ever got for a response was, " She's okay." Needless to say, I knew my wife was holding out on me, obviously out of concern for me, but I was still worried about the dog. Fast forward to the night I came home. Trish backs the truck into the driveway, and my step daughter lets the dog out. She runs over to the drivers side of the truck as my wife gets out, then follows her to my side. When I opened the door, Lady and I saw each other for the first time in over a month. I saw that she had lost some weight, and was missing some hair. Then I saw a reaction I have never seen from a dog before or since. She dropped into a sit, and looked at me like "No effin' way! You're dead! I smelled you when you left! Am I seeing things?"

Needless to say, the hair grew back, and she was back up to 90 lbs. within a couple of weeks. And I'm Obviously still around. That dog would not let me out of her sight for the next 2 months. If I tried to go outside, or take a shower, the dog would open the door and follow me. Short of my doctors visits, she wouldn't stand or lay more tha 6 feet from me. It really opened my eyes as to how true of a friend a dog is, and how much richer our lives are for having them. I still think back to the look she gave me when I came home, and smile.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Last edited by kfox75; 01-27-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #53

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

What a nice dog story. Only people who share their lives with their dogs can understand the attachment between man and dog.

Dog - The Club House

Old 01-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #54

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Its true, dogs are more faithful than spouses.

When I got a hernia and was laid up for a while, my wife wanted a divorce, but my mom's dog treated me much the same way as kfox's dog. That says something by itself, it wasn't even my dog.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #55

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Yes Trip they have walked beside man for over 50,000 years. They were most likely the reason man was able to leave the caves and compete for food. To this very day they protect and serve. They carried cigarettes to troops in the Battle Fields of WW I {Please No quit smoking yarns} they inable the blnd and find cancer and heart disease in humans. The comfort of their company is legend.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #56

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I have a young cousin, maybe 13 I think. She has severe issues with diabetes. She has a dog that can tell when she needs help. Her dog has the orange vest, loaded with hard candy and insulin. Its cool as hell, the dog knows when her blood sugar goes ape sh!t before her or a test can tell.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I have a young cousin, maybe 13 I think. She has severe issues with diabetes. She has a dog that can tell when she needs help. Her dog has the orange vest, loaded with hard candy and insulin. Its cool as hell, the dog knows when her blood sugar goes ape sh!t before her or a test can tell.
That is cool..is it trained for that?...If so, I wonder how they are trained to do know and what exactly are the sensing.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #58
fmj

Liked 754 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
That is cool..is it trained for that?...If so, I wonder how they are trained to do know and what exactly are the sensing.
smell......they also have cancer sniffing dogs.
Dogs are just underestimated all the way around....except by me of course.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 01-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
smell......they also have cancer sniffing dogs.
Dogs are just underestimated all the way around....except by me of course.
Well..of course. And I have a mild under understanding of dogs after owning 3 Australian Shepherds for the last 18 years...just not familar with those trained for health purposes.

I found this video on a pup being trained for that condition..nice looking chocolate lab.http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/kswb-service-alert-woman-meets-her-diabetes-detecting-dog-20111012,0,2601627.story

Old 01-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #60
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

people expect way more from you than a dog does, even family and friends. dogs require food, shelter and a little bit of love, and then they will never leave your side. dogs never nag at you about your bad habits, never complain you spent too much money on something, they never mention you put on few too many pounds or comment on your appearance!

when i get home frrom work late at night, my dogs always act like i've been gone for a month! they are all happy to see me.

Newest Threads