Dog - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Dog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 04:10 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 10

forumrunner_20120124_220739.jpg

New dog. Its going to make my wife mad when he choose me over her

Old 01-25-2012, 04:48 AM   #42
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8505 Times on 5084 Posts
Likes Given: 11134

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
OMG Did you own the gp 100 then. How could a man leave a woman that likes guns? He obviously doesn't know how hard it is to find a woman like you. His loss.
No, I wasn't into guns then. I think he would have left sooner if I was. He doesn't like guns. They kill people.

Mine haven't killed anyone yet. In fact, they haven't even figured out how to let themselves out of the safe.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #43

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

No, I wasn't into guns then. I think he would have left sooner if I was. He doesn't like guns. They kill people.

Mine haven't killed anyone yet. In fact, they haven't even figured out how to let themselves out of the safe.
Lol thats funny. Guns don't kill people, people kill people .

I seen a puppy pic so I thought I would post one. Hes alot bigger now.

dime.jpg

Old 01-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #44
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i am almost 50 and have never had children of my own. my dogs are like my children and are more like part of our family than pets. each of them have their own personalities and quirks. where i live it is a rural area, and people will sometimes dump their dogs and cats down the road we live on. this is sad and when we find one or it wanders up, it usually stays around. my wife and i have a soft spot for these strays and we just kind of adopt them into our family.

as for me, sometimes i can relate to animals, as they are creatures of instinct and survival. animals kill for two reasons, to protect or survive. the family dog if given love, food and shelter will never forsake you, nor will it ever betray you. people could learn a lot from animals, as i can respect an animal over most people any day of the week.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:21 AM   #45
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2161 Times on 1325 Posts
Likes Given: 12096

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
To answer that question, do a simple experiment.

Lock both your wife and your dog in the trunk of the car. After two hours, open the trunk.

Which one is happy to see you?

Nuf said.
I can't bkt, I don't own anything with a trunk, and she has keys to the safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda View Post
Thanks for the nightmares
Second that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

Sometimes divorce can be a good thing. Trust me on that one.
Mine are still trying to figure out how to leave the safe. They just don't get enough playtime I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i am almost 50 and have never had children of my own. my dogs are like my children and are more like part of our family than pets. each of them have their own personalities and quirks. where i live it is a rural area, and people will sometimes dump their dogs and cats down the road we live on. this is sad and when we find one or it wanders up, it usually stays around. my wife and i have a soft spot for these strays and we just kind of adopt them into our family.

as for me, sometimes i can relate to animals, as they are creatures of instinct and survival. animals kill for two reasons, to protect or survive. the family dog if given love, food and shelter will never forsake you, nor will it ever betray you. people could learn a lot from animals, as i can respect an animal over most people any day of the week.
Both of my dogs are adopted strays. The lab was found chained up with no food, water, or shelter at a friend's rental property, the wife was asked and she brought her home. That was two days after putting my golden/collie mix down due to cancer (age 14, had her for 13 and a half). The lab/boxer mix was a case of " I don't want to send her to a shelter,will you take her?" Both are like our children to us, so we have that same soft spot.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:40 AM   #46

kfox, i'm glad someone else has a soft spot for strays like me! my dad use to do the same thing when we were kids. the latest adoptee's were a baby chihuahua and shih tzu puppy. the chihuahua, we named Lil' Bit, because when we found her about a year ago, she fit into the palm of my hand, and she weighs about 4 lbs. now. the shih tzu, we have had hime about 2 1/2 years now, he was about 6 months old when he showed up, and we named him Sparky, and trust me, the name fits! when i'm outside off the rear of the house shooting, all the dogs go and hide out in the our bedroom or bathroom until i finish shooting, but not Sparky! he will stay at the back door looking out watching me shoot! he is such a character.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #47
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2161 Times on 1325 Posts
Likes Given: 12096

Quote:
kfox, i'm glad someone else has a soft spot for strays like me! my dad use to do the same thing when we were kids. the latest adoptee's were a baby chihuahua and shih tzu puppy. the chihuahua, we named Lil' Bit, because when we found her about a year ago, she fit into the palm of my hand, and she weighs about 4 lbs. now. the shih tzu, we have had hime about 2 1/2 years now, he was about 6 months old when he showed up, and we named him Sparky, and trust me, the name fits! when i'm outside off the rear of the house shooting, all the dogs go and hide out in the our bedroom or bathroom until i finish shooting, but not Sparky! he will stay at the back door looking out watching me shoot! he is such a character.
Axxe, strays make the best pets because they know they could have it worse. They already have. My golden mix was on death's door when I got her. Broken leg and ribs, dehydrated,scared of people in general (men in particular), and starved. I ran up a $500 vet bill within the first week not even knowing if she would make it . My ex-wife and I were just going to foster her until a home could be found, but for some reason she bonded with us when I started working with her. 3 months later we decided to keep her. Best choice I ever made. When Lady's time came, My ex met up with my wife and I, and we were all there when the vet put her down.The vet, who I've used for 20 years, even shed a tear and said "She proved me wrong. When you two first brought her in, I didn't think she had a week left." We had a lot of good years with that dog, and all three of us still miss her. People without pets just don't understand the joy they bring into our lives. It's a shame they leave so soon.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Last edited by kfox75; 01-25-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #48
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:

FACT! I prefer the company of a "bad" dog or even a cat to that of most humans! There is not a human i know that hasnt screwed me over (save my youngest son) in one way or another.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 01-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Axxe, strays make the best pets because they know they could have it worse. They already have. My golden mix was on death's door when I got her. Broken leg and ribs, dehydrated,scared of people in general (men in particular), and starved. I ran up a $500 vet bill within the first week not even knowing if she would make it . My ex-wife and I were just going to foster her until a home could be found, but for some reason she bonded with us when I started working with her. 3 months later we decided to keep her. Best choice I ever made. When Lady's time came, My ex met up with my wife and I, and we were all there when the vet put her down.The vet, who I've used for 20 years, even shed a tear and said "She proved me wrong. When you two first brought her in, I didn't think she had a week left." We had a lot of good years with that dog, and all three of us still miss her. People without pets just don't understand the joy they bring into our lives. It's a shame they leave so soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
FACT! I prefer the company of a "bad" dog or even a cat to that of most humans! There is not a human i know that hasnt screwed me over (save my youngest son) in one way or another.
kfox, i enjoyed that story. sad, but she knew she was loved. i too have had to put down one of my beloved animals, and it is one of the hardest things to do. so i know the pain you have felt, and sympathize with you. they do bring much happiness into our lives for the short time they are here. i think that we need to cherish that time sa much as possible.

fmj, me too! BTDT! animals are honest and true. no hidden agendas, not after your money or possessions. just some love and attention. i wish people would take a lesson from animals at times.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
I think this is why i prefer cats; i have watched even my overfed housecat kill for fun or perhaps practice. I prefer my cats to the dogs i have had, because i am pretty sure the cats would be OK without me. They seem to hang out for the food, shelter, and company but always with the option to split and go it alone. I respect that independent streak.

Now, the snakes i have owned were far simpler creatures: eat, poop, sleep, play until hungry again, repeat.

Newest Threads