does your vanity license plate ID you as a gun owner? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

does your vanity license plate ID you as a gun owner?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 231 Times on 173 Posts

The few people that come to my house are the only ones that know how many guns and how much ammo I truly have. No stickers, or Licence plates. If anyone asks, I sold it to John doe last week lol. Try not to advertise my collection
People Like This 
Old 06-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #32

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

I have USMC veteran plates, an NRA Life Member sticker, and a 5.11 sticker, so I guess someone could deduce that I was a gun owner by that.
People Like This 
Old 06-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #33

Liked 843 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 1744

On both my vehicles, my plates only show I'm a Carolina Hurricanes fan... So the answer is no. No plates, no stickers and I don't open carry. I don't care what others do (or to get into a debate about it either)... But IMHO, a sheepdog is supposed to blend in with the flock....
Until a threat presents itself, that is.
People Like This 
Old 06-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #34
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8220 Times on 4234 Posts
Likes Given: 9466

My truck has a Veteran plate but nothing else, I used to display my NRA sticker proudly but now that Im a second class citizen in my own state, that will never happen again. Ive considered changing my Vet plate due to the fact being a Veteran in our Nation can now be used against me; after all, we all have PTSD and were baby killers!

Its not a good idea to wear our beliefs on our collar anymore. Where I work, an Obama sticker will get you a hi five, a Romney one will get you negative comments. Hell, my US ARMY Veteran hat has caused some less than positive comments. My rule of life is keep them guessing at all times, answer questions with the least amount of descriptors possible and dont give them any ammo they can shoot back at me.
dango Likes This 
Old 06-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #35
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8759 Times on 5234 Posts
Likes Given: 11616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Vanity plates are for "vain" people who wear too much makeup... color their hair... and own annoying little dogs.

Just my .02 Cents.

Tack
I fulfill two of those three 'requirements'. I don't have vanity plates. I don't know what I'd want it to say and I'm too cheap.......no, thrifty, that's it, thrifty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
Showoff I am sure we wish we were all Texans!!!
Not me......
People Like This 
Old 06-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #36
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Not me......

does your vanity license plate ID you as a gun owner? - The Club House
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #37
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

no vanity plates for me. nothing against them, but i'm too much of a cheapskate. i can buy two pounds of powder for the extra it costs for a vanity plate!
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 06-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #38

Liked 843 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 1744

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
My truck has a Veteran plate but nothing else, I used to display my NRA sticker proudly but now that Im a second class citizen in my own state, that will never happen again. Ive considered changing my Vet plate due to the fact being a Veteran in our Nation can now be used against me; after all, we all have PTSD and were baby killers!

Its not a good idea to wear our beliefs on our collar anymore. Where I work, an Obama sticker will get you a hi five, a Romney one will get you negative comments. Hell, my US ARMY Veteran hat has caused some less than positive comments. My rule of life is keep them guessing at all times, answer questions with the least amount of descriptors possible and dont give them any ammo they can shoot back at me.
Well if no one there appreciates you as a vet... I certainly do. Thank you for your service. This country and its people should be grateful and indebted to you and other like you. (Insert salute here)....
As for getting fired at... What was that line from Zombieland... "Only if they shoot at me first.... GOD please let them shoot at me first !! "
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #39
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8220 Times on 4234 Posts
Likes Given: 9466

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Well if no one there appreciates you as a vet... I certainly do. Thank you for your service. This country and its people should be grateful and indebted to you and other like you. (Insert salute here)....
As for getting fired at... What was that line from Zombieland... "Only if they shoot at me first.... GOD please let them shoot at me first !! "
Thanks NC, I wouldnt say nobody appreciates it, just way too few driving the bus do and they influence the legislation and prosecution of todays rules and regs. Who would have imagined the words Patriot and Constitution would be Red Flags in America?
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1377 Times on 672 Posts
Likes Given: 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Vanity plates are for "vain" people who wear too much makeup... color their hair... and own annoying little dogs.

Just my .02 Cents.

Tack
I don't wear makeup, or color my hair, Florida blonde is fine, and do own an annoying little dog. Otherwise, I agree with Tack. I like to be under the radar.