Does your church accept debit tithes or have an ATM available? Why not? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Does your church accept debit tithes or have an ATM available? Why not?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
I've seen ATMs in churches before. That's one of the things that helped formulate my skepticism of organized religion.

And before any of you jump on me for that, I am a spiritual person, I believe in God, but with churches it seems to be all about the money and I'm very resentful of that. I don't believe you have to go to church to be right with God or be spiritual.

Okay, rant over, and sorry for the sidetrack!

I can understand that Lon. Lots of people feel that way. I do sometimes too when I don't agree with what they put money into. The Bible teaches all throughout to assemble together, to sharpen eachother, to counsel eachother, etc..

Quote:
23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[a] and again, “The Lord will judge his people.”[b] 31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

32 Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you endured in a great conflict full of suffering.
I'm not condemning you for not choosing to go to church at all. I do know how you feel.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #22

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
The Bible teaches all throughout to assemble together, to sharpen eachother, to counsel eachother, etc..

I know it does. Believe it or not, I know a lot more about the Bible than a lot of people might think.

When I get involved with a church, my experience has been that, if you go ALMOST every Sunday, but miss one now and then, it gets to the point that other members were questioning why you weren't there under the guise of being concerned about you. Not sure I buy that. I don't need to be made to feel guilty if I miss a Sunday or two or three....

And unfortunately, the Bakkers, Tiptons, and Swaggerts of the world have cast a real shadow on the financial end of the church.....at least for me.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #23

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

As far as the assembling part, does it count if you act like a Christian in your day to day dealings with your fellow human beings? I don't need any organization that judges me, I judge myself and the fella above will have the final say over how I've lived my life...

Old 04-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
As far as the assembling part, does it count if you act like a Christian in your day to day dealings with your fellow human beings? I don't need any organization that judges me, I judge myself and the fella above will have the final say over how I've lived my life...
That's my belief.....the Golden Rule.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #25

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
That's my belief.....the Golden Rule.
Dammit Lon, we need to stop agreeing with each other...

Old 04-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #26

I know....people will start to talk.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
I know it does. Believe it or not, I know a lot more about the Bible than a lot of people might think.

When I get involved with a church, my experience has been that, if you go ALMOST every Sunday, but miss one now and then, it gets to the point that other members were questioning why you weren't there under the guise of being concerned about you. Not sure I buy that. I don't need to be made to feel guilty if I miss a Sunday or two or three....

And unfortunately, the Bakkers, Tiptons, and Swaggerts of the world have cast a real shadow on the financial end of the church.....at least for me.
I was very much that way at one point in time. It all changed when I got into a church and met some people who actually cared about me. People that called me when I lost my job to see if I needed anything, people who wanted to know how I was doing and out of love would offer correction or help where needed. People who didn't judge me because of my past choices or my current mistakes but loved me anyway. That is what being a Christian is really about when dealing with other people.
Follow the teachings of Jesus, recognize him as your Lord and Savior, love Him and your fellow man....Christianity in a nutshell.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 04-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I know....people will start to talk.
You guys are dating aren't you?

Old 04-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #29

Well, I wouldn't really call it dating.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:44 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't really call it dating.
Good Lord!!! The chesneys are just coming out of the woodwork around here!