Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Does your church accept debit tithes or have an ATM available? Why not? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/does-your-church-accept-debit-tithes-have-atm-available-why-not-40808/)

orangello 04-04-2011 08:19 PM

Does your church accept debit tithes or have an ATM available? Why not?

Ever gone to service and realized as the plate was being passed that you forgot your tithe/offering envelope or check at home? Every wished there was a way to just swipe your debit card on the offering plate? Ever had a time when it would've been darned handy to have an ATM available at your house of worship? Ever wanted to put a lil something extra in the offering plate after a particularly moving sermon?

I think i want to market lobby ATM's and debit card offering acceptance machines to church's.

I also want to know why my mother can't get on the wifi at her church to access her iPad's bible program.

freefall 04-05-2011 03:16 AM

Best of luck with that, Gello. I think most churches will go for it, tho it will cause them MAJOR gastroenteritis to part with 3% to the CC company. If you make 2 million I'll take you out to kill some of your hated bears for a small contribution to my upcoming charity.

opaww 04-05-2011 06:30 AM

NO but when I get my church built I will have a gift shop as you enter and one you exit through. We will except MC, Visa, and cash. Tithing is volintary but so will be opening the exit door if you don't buy something.

winds-of-change 04-05-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 479478)
Ever gone to service and realized as the plate was being passed that you forgot your tithe/offering envelope or check at home? Every wished there was a way to just swipe your debit card on the offering plate? Ever had a time when it would've been darned handy to have an ATM available at your house of worship? Ever wanted to put a lil something extra in the offering plate after a particularly moving sermon?

I think i want to market lobby ATM's and debit card offering acceptance machines to church's.

I also want to know why my mother can't get on the wifi at her church to access her iPad's bible program.

So as not to offend anyone I won't mention which, but I'm sure there's one denomination that has tried to think this out six ways to Sunday. (pun intended)

c3shooter 04-05-2011 08:56 AM

Well, for starters, there is the whole money changers in-the-temple thingy.......:rolleyes:

danf_fl 04-05-2011 09:39 AM

Just set up a pay roll deduction plan.

cpttango30 04-05-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Do they run a proxy server or filter of some kind? They may have very tight restrictions on the wifi at the church (wouldn't want them kiddos surfing Adult entertainment sites while in sunday school now would we).

Yunus 04-05-2011 10:50 AM

Sorry gello your too late.

The ATM in the Church Lobby - TIME

dog2000tj 04-05-2011 12:10 PM

I just tell them to put it on my tab :p

spittinfire 04-05-2011 12:23 PM

Most churches now are set up to take payments online. It's actually cheaper for them to recieve money this way then thru checks so I typically tithe on the website.

Mooresville, NC Churches > The Cove Church