Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Does your car keychain have a panic button?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default Does your car keychain have a panic button?

I heard this on the radio this morning, it makes since. If you have a newer vehicle chances are there is a panic button on your keychain. You may want to think about keeping your keys next to the bed. Say you hear someone breaking in to your house, if you have this type of keychain and hit the panic button your car will start honking the horn. Probably enough noise to discourge the bg from continuing. If you have two of the keychains you may think about a permenent place for the spare by your bed. I can't think of a scenerio that this practice would not be helpful. Good idea?

NEVER FORGET

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #2

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

I have one on my Key-chain.....I have so much stuff on my key-chain,my girl-friend said I look like a Janitor going to work................

Old 02-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6763 Times on 4086 Posts
Likes Given: 8096

It seems to me people never look twice anymore when a car's panic button is pushed and the car goes into it's little honking, lights flashing routine.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

My keychain has one. But if that doesn't work, I can always use the one on my gun.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #5

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I heard this on the radio this morning, it makes since. If you have a newer vehicle chances are there is a panic button on your keychain. You may want to think about keeping your keys next to the bed. Say you hear someone breaking in to your house, if you have this type of keychain and hit the panic button your car will start honking the horn. Probably enough noise to discourge the bg from continuing. If you have two of the keychains you may think about a permenent place for the spare by your bed. I can't think of a scenerio that this practice would not be helpful. Good idea?
My panic button is the 12 GA that my outstretched arm would grab. As mentioned in this thread when car alarms go off, nobody pays attention except for the fact that when they look out the window they are thinking to themselves would some please SHUT THAT F'N THING OFF!

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113

My panic button is the 12 GA that my outstretched arm would grab. As mentioned in this thread when car alarms go off, nobody pays attention except for the fact that when they look out the window they are thinking to themselves would some please SHUT THAT F'N THING OFF!
At two in the morning, if I was a bg trying quietly to get into someones home, my attention would be at the entry point. To hear a car horn going off feet away from my illegal activity would make most bag it. I'm not saying change your plan whatever it is. I just thought it could come in handy.

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #7

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
At two in the morning, if I was a bg trying quietly to get into someones home, my attention would be at the entry point. To hear a car horn going off feet away from my illegal activity would make most bag it. I'm not saying change your plan whatever it is. I just thought it could come in handy.
No I think it's good advice for someone who doesn't own any firearms. A couple years back we had some break in problems at the apartment complex I lived in. At about 2am I heard a car alarm and after looking out the window I thought it was my wife's car being broken into. So I grabbed my gun and in nothing but my boxers I jumped off of my 2nd story balcony and proceeded to my wife's car with my gun drawn yelling get out the car Motherf'ker. Turns out it was just a shadow and the alarm going off was across from my wife's car.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #8
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I keep mine next to my bedside for this exact reason.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #9

The way I look at tips like these is that it is one more thing that you can use to your advantage in a dangerous situation.

Another thing I learned by chance long ago is mirror placement. From my front door I can see the back door and vise versa. Little tactical advantages can help keep you alive.

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-14-2012, 01:23 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 785 Times on 479 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I have one on my Key-chain.....I have so much stuff on my key-chain,my girl-friend said I look like a Janitor going to work................
bad idea, you can damage the ignition lock on your car with that much weight. Funny side story, my dumb a* daughter had the ignition lock jam when she was not where she was supposed to be, doing something she shouldn't have been doing. Car dropped a dime on her, LOL.