Does anyone work?? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Does anyone work??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 11:08 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
About a year ago, I brought up the idea of mandatory service - either the military or some other form of supervised "servitude". Many folks thought I was a jerk for even bringing it up but I'll tell you that the military will make you a good citizen or prove that you're pond scum. Drill Sergeants are masters of making men & women out of slacker kids...
It sounds like a good idea, but if you really think about it, it's crazy. In service you get firearms training, and young people are F'd up! I mean there are people that get belligerent over stepping on their shoe by accident, I really don't think any service could benefit from them. My friend joined the Army four years ago, and told me "yeah, they try and change you into them, but i'ma stay me, they ain't gonna change who we are." I looked down on him ever since he said that.

I have thought about joining the national guard, I'd need to get in shape before hand.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:50 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
About a year ago, I brought up the idea of mandatory service - either the military or some other form of supervised "servitude". Many folks thought I was a jerk for even bringing it up but I'll tell you that the military will make you a good citizen or prove that you're pond scum. Drill Sergeants are masters of making men & women out of slacker kids...

I worked for a Finnish company and they were amazed we did not have mandatory service as many countries over there do. In Finland, if you want the "free" post high school education - you do a military hitch...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NymphoGnome View Post
It sounds like a good idea, but if you really think about it, it's crazy. In service you get firearms training, and young people are F'd up! I mean there are people that get belligerent over stepping on their shoe by accident, I really don't think any service could benefit from them. My friend joined the Army four years ago, and told me "yeah, they try and change you into them, but i'ma stay me, they ain't gonna change who we are." I looked down on him ever since he said that.

I have thought about joining the national guard, I'd need to get in shape before hand.
Here's my take on this, I come from a country with conscription, that's Sweden for all you uncouth bastards.

Even though a lot of people do military service there are always the slackers that try to make it as easy for themselves as possible. If there's a loophole, they will use it. Be it "psychological reasons," "medical reasons," or "pacifist reasons" they will do their best to try to get out of it, just because they can.

I'd rather have a military that is comprised of people that WANT to serve as opposed to a bunch of idiots that are FORCED to serve.

Things to think about before you Open Carry
Read this before you decide to carry!

Old 04-07-2010, 02:48 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorsHammer View Post
I'd rather have a military that is comprised of people that WANT to serve as opposed to a bunch of idiots that are FORCED to serve.
Couldn't have been said better!