Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Does anyone work??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 05:54 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

I am 34 and to secure the house i bought for my family I sacrificed 16 hours a day 5 days a week and Saturdays. Worked on school buses during the day and heavy equipment in the evening for 2 years. Would still be going at it had the recession not messed with the customers bank roll.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by NymphoGnome View Post
But I refuse to go back to BMW even though they have called me back twice... I keep hanging up in the middle of the person talking. I refuse to just give in and work manual labor the rest of my life.
Consider asking BMW about tuition reimbursement for evening & online courses. Lots of companies will pony up a bit of cash for coursework, more likely if it can benefit your work with them.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Consider asking BMW about tuition reimbursement for evening & online courses. Lots of companies will pony up a bit of cash for coursework, more likely if it can benefit your work with them.
You have to be hired on, I work through a temp agency, they didn't care about the temps.

"Change isn't good or bad. It just is." - Don Draper

Old 04-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by NymphoGnome View Post
You have to be hired on, I work through a temp agency, they didn't care about the temps.
So no chance of a direct hiring situation?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #25

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I'm 26 years old. I got my first job my senior year of high school (I was 16) washing dishes until they moved me to the kitchen. I moved out of my mom's house right after my 21st birthday and never looked back. I've paid for everything I've owned since the age of 16. All my cars and trucks, my food, the clothes on my back. At 24 I bought my own house. Only had two jobs my entire life. 1st was cooking, the second is the job I have now as a studio editor for about 8 years. I have friends that are my age and older that still live at home or still get money from there parents for anything they need, and I just feel sorry for them. One day their parents wont be around and these guys aren't gonna know what to do...

Old 04-06-2010, 09:28 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
So no chance of a direct hiring situation?
Once I get out of school, which I am only able to get an associates where I am at, they hire people to be supervisors if you have an associates in business.

The schedule they have leaves you without a social life, because of 3rd shift.
work: tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday.
off: saturday.
Work: sunday, monday.
off: tuesday, wednesday.
work: thursday, friday.
off: saturday.
work: sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday.
off: thursday, friday, saturday, sunday, monday.
Repeat over and over.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:46 PM   #27

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I don't think we're going to find the type we are talking about on this forum. There may be a couple, but I doubt they will step up and say so.

The key here is RESPONSIBILITY!!

A person who takes responsibility for their existence, works hard, earns a living for themselves and their family, pays their bills and honors their debts to friends and family.

Sadly, many today feel that due to their EXISTENCE, they are owed a job where the don't have to perform, a living wage equal to that of others who not only do their own work but that of the slackers as well, a home in a nice neighborhood at a low interest rate and a mortgage payment subsidized by the government, food subsidies, free clothing, relief from the obligation to have car insurance and free health care. They feel they should somehow be exempt from the burden of responsibility.

I haven't seen anyone here who fits this description, I doubt I ever will!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
I don't think we're going to find the type we are talking about on this forum. There may be a couple, but I doubt they will step up and say so.

The key here is RESPONSIBILITY!!

A person who takes responsibility for their existence, works hard, earns a living for themselves and their family, pays their bills and honors their debts to friends and family.

Sadly, many today feel that due to their EXISTENCE, they are owed a job where the don't have to perform, a living wage equal to that of others who not only do their own work but that of the slackers as well, a home in a nice neighborhood at a low interest rate and a mortgage payment subsidized by the government, food subsidies, free clothing, relief from the obligation to have car insurance and free health care. They feel they should somehow be exempt from the burden of responsibility.

I haven't seen anyone here who fits this description, I doubt I ever will!!
I highly doubt the people care that they are like that, they believe "da guv'ment iz gunna take care of me" and sadly that is the popular attitude.
On the other hand, I just farted and now I can't feel my left cheek.

Last edited by NymphoGnome; 04-06-2010 at 10:19 PM.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:23 PM   #29

Liked 1127 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Default Values

My 2 kids come from a privilaged background. However they have never received anything they have never earned. I came from a working class background and my kids will always work for their own money. However I employ a large workforce the most productive being the more mature person. The exeption will always prove the rule. Your values come from your parents.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:50 PM   #30

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

About a year ago, I brought up the idea of mandatory service - either the military or some other form of supervised "servitude". Many folks thought I was a jerk for even bringing it up but I'll tell you that the military will make you a good citizen or prove that you're pond scum. Drill Sergeants are masters of making men & women out of slacker kids...

I worked for a Finnish company and they were amazed we did not have mandatory service as many countries over there do. In Finland, if you want the "free" post high school education - you do a military hitch...

Last edited by NGIB; 04-06-2010 at 10:52 PM.