Does anyone work?? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Does anyone work??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 03:34 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

alright guys, Can't let ya talk about me like this. I am 21 years old nearly 22, work for every single thing I got and get nothing handed to me. Only thing that has been handed to me was my first car. 1992 Jeep Wrangler. I know I can't be classified as lazy, I currently have a new job...which I feel is currently alot better than average for people my age(lower $20's). I got that job with a 2 year degree and 2 years working experience(started college 4 days after I graduated and attended year round halfway through attending I had a newborn son.) And yes, I had to work every chance I got between classes. Before graduating I already had a job because my teacher recommended me to a company because he saw that I had a real good attitude, great work ethics and the knowingness of how to apply myself. Now, when I'm not at work...I'm in the cow pasture w/ the paw in law, or running the tractor bailing hay, feeding hay, or cutting hay. So now you know there is a not lazy young person out there. And another thing that may be a problem with younger folks, is that all of these older gentlemen already know how to accomplish all of these tasks, when you bring a younger guy into the scenario he probably has never done any of that before so he has to work twice as hard to get the same job done until he gets used to the process of how to do it. At least that is what I have noticed. Also, I am not trying to take away the older mens work ethic, ya'lls generation has a great, great work ethic; at least from what I have seen. But I don't care what generation it is, every single last one is going to have the same lazy pieces of crap in it. I personally feel the work ethics are learned from the parents or whoever raises you. For myself, it was my dad...

Last edited by SHSBulldog06; 04-04-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:47 PM   #12

Liked 741 Times on 516 Posts
Likes Given: 773

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHSBulldog06 View Post
alright guys, Can't let ya talk about me like this. I am 21 years old nearly 22, work for every single thing I got and get nothing handed to me. Only thing that has been handed to me was my first car. 1992 Jeep Wrangler. I know I can't be classified as lazy, I currently have a new job...which I feel is currently alot better than average for people my age(lower $20's). I got that job with a 2 year degree and 2 years working experience(started college 4 days after I graduated and attended year round halfway through attending I had a newborn son.) And yes, I had to work every chance I got between classes. Before graduating I already had a job because my teacher recommended me to a company because he saw that I had a real good attitude, great work ethics and the knowingness of how to apply myself. Now, when I'm not at work...I'm in the cow pasture w/ the paw in law, or running the tractor bailing hay, feeding hay, or cutting hay. So now you know there is a not lazy young person out there. And another thing that may be a problem with younger folks, is that all of these older gentlemen already know how to accomplish all of these tasks, when you bring a younger guy into the scenario he probably has never done any of that before so he has to work twice as hard to get the same job done until he gets used to the process of how to do it. At least that is what I have noticed. Also, I am not trying to take away the older mens work ethic, ya'lls generation has a great, great work ethic; at least from what I have seen. But I don't care what generation it is, every single last one is going to have the same lazy pieces of crap in it. I personally feel the work ethics are learned from the parents or whoever raises you. For myself, it was my dad...
From how I see it, you are the exception, not the norm. I have a niece who is 32 years old and still lives at home. She can't hold a job for more than a couple months. My brother is so disgusted, but his wife keeps making excuses for her. 5 different colleges through the years and no degree. I have had some great young people work for me through the years, but as of late I see the majority of the late 20's through mid 30's crowd are just plain lazy.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #13

I can't agree with the majority of 20's to 30's being lazy. Maybe it is just the different groups of people I am around. I spend alot of my time in Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia. I am proud to say that I definately know more hard workers than bum's. Yes, I know what a bum is...my drugged up sister and her boyfriend(whatever you want to call the scum) is two of them. I'm not trying to start a East, West, North, and South war(I can't speak for anywhere but Al, Tn, and Ga). Just saying that the groups I am around are great people, the kind of people to give you the shirt off their back and help you when your down. But like I said earlier, I really don't see much difference between the lazy/hard worker ratio in older gen's and younger. As a matter of fact you just reminded me...there is a 30 something year old woman, that still owes me $25 of the $300 I let her borrow before Christmas last yr!

Last edited by SHSBulldog06; 04-04-2010 at 04:07 PM.

Old 04-04-2010, 05:58 PM   #14

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

lazy is an infection of all age groups. no one is safe.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:34 AM   #15

There's good & bad in all ages...
it's hard to find good help nowadays.

Last edited by UnderFire; 04-05-2010 at 04:04 AM. Reason: misused word

Old 04-05-2010, 03:12 AM   #16

I'm 25 and I work until the job is done. If that's pulling 60 hour work weeks on the road.. then that's what I have to do.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:34 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I have noticed that my nephews & their friends (recent high school grads & junior college students) seem to have one significant difference in opinion from the group that graduated with me: My age group generally accepted that when you get a job, you are hired to do whatever they want you to do while you are on their clock (within reason & the law). When my age group got hired, they understood that if things get slow at the shop, somebody might have to cut the grass or paint something. That doesn't seem to be the case with most of my nephews' friends. I can think of two who left jobs after they (low man on totem pole) were sent to cut the boss's lawn during a slow period; this made very little sense to me. I understand that if you hire on as a waiter & are constantly asked to rebuild engines, you should be asking for a wage increase to cover the more technical work, but i just don't understand chucking the whole job over it.

Maybe i'm just looking at things the wrong way.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:40 AM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Man, you're preachin' to the choir on this one! This new "Millennial" generation has a serious sense of....entitlement.
Noooooo... this generation has logical thinkers. -_-

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 04-06-2010, 03:00 AM   #19

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Of course I'm speaking in generalizations, as we all are. Not all "boomers" are hard workers, as that generation is described.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:11 AM   #20

I am only 22, I worked at BMW, got laid off a year ago and well now I am back in college going for a business degree. I still need a job and I am riding out the 3rd unemployment renewal.

Part of me feels like "yeah ride that bitch, stick it to the government" but the problem/reality is "dammit, I am relying on the government!"

I have too much pride to flip burgers and deliver pizzas. I mainly look for stocking jobs, because I can stock the hell out of some shelves. But I refuse to go back to BMW even though they have called me back twice... I keep hanging up in the middle of the person talking. I refuse to just give in and work manual labor the rest of my life.

Last edited by NymphoGnome; 04-06-2010 at 05:16 AM.