Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Does anyone really give a poo about A-Wads troubles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1972 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 423

He got paid enough millions, that he should be able to budget a way to live comfortably without playing again.

No poo given for any of the pro athletes who fail to plan for the possibility of being out of the game in the event if a crisis. Even less concern for those who bring it on themselves for breaking league rules or breaking the law.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 132 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 136

I couldn't give a rip about A-wad OR the Yankers, for that matter.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #23
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2810 Times on 1930 Posts
Likes Given: 564

I grew up 15 mins. from Yankee stadium-a bus or subway ride away in fact, a short one! I stopped being a Baseball Fan during the 1994 strike. Until 2011 I had not been to either of the new stadiums except for football Games(I HS play-off @ Citi-Field & Army VS. Notre Dame @ YS...
BTW,..I was not thrilled with the NFL strikes of 1982 & 1987 but I understood later on as I got into the biz that the Football strikes where for different reasons, and the 2011 Lockout was the owners doing....
It was a suprise to hear all that "break the union talk" from Owners who had been players(like Richardson of the Panthers)

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 08-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 474

People are going to take every advantage they can in any sport where money is involved. I used to train racehorses for a living. I have heard suspended trainers joke "If you are not cheating, you aren't trying to win." I would venture that win at any cost mentality exists in every aspect of our lives. The kid in high school wants a scholarship. The college athlete wants to become a professional athlete. The police officer wants to be stronger than the thugs he encounters. I could go on and on. No one should be surprised by these scandals. They are nothing more than the media making news out of something that shouldn't be news.

When the media focuses on these scandals it only encourages high school athletes to use performance enhancing drugs. Kids think that is how A-rod made it big. I am going to do the same thing. In my day it was amphetamines. Today it's steroids. Next year it will be albuterol, a medication for COPD that greatly enhances the amount of oxygen in ones bloodstream. Horse trainers have been getting busted for using albuterol recently. It takes a little longer for human athletes to be exposed.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 08-02-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:58 AM   #25
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1490 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 7349

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Webley, thank you for posting this thread. You see, I have a confession...

I'm a man, and...and....

I don't follow professional sports. There, I've said it!

I've always felt like too big of a deal was made over statistics and living vicariously through the sports "heroes." Then the marketing came - $300 for a pair of sneakers made in Singapore by child labor, worth about $22 of materials.

My heroes have always been real men: My father who worked all his life only to die when I was five on Christmas Day to three strokes. My neighbor, who took me under his wing and played surrogate father, instilling in me every bit of common sense I currently have and never mentioning he won a Silver Star in Korea for being one of four surviving members of his battalion (found medal and got story from wife). Or Gregory "Pappy" Boyington, WWII Ace, who my neighbor knew and introduced me to one time.

I guess I have a different view of the "Men" one should admire, and none of them include over-paid, under-educated college students.
You're not the only one. Both of my BILs are Bills and Sabers fans, and I could really care less. they have heros who defend a net or an end zone, I have heros who died in service to this Nation that we live in.

why anyone who lays a game 6 months out of the year is more important than a man or woman who gives 2o years of their lives to defend freedom is beyond me. So A-Roid juiced, who gives a d@mn.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #26
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19961 Times on 11347 Posts
Likes Given: 50340

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
You're not the only one. Both of my BILs are Bills and Sabers fans, and I could really care less. they have heros who defend a net or an end zone, I have heros who died in service to this Nation that we live in.

why anyone who lays a game 6 months out of the year is more important than a man or woman who gives 2o years of their lives to defend freedom is beyond me. So A-Roid juiced, who gives a d@mn.
well said Kfox! now i like baseball and enjoy the game, also enjoy watching good players of the game, but i would never consider any sports figure to be a hero to me. afterall, they are being paid to play a game to entertain the fans. yes, the real heroes are those who give or have given all in service of our country, so that we may be able to enjoy the game of baseball.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:15 AM   #27

Liked 516 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

I will shed about as many tears for A-Wad as I do for Albert Pujols and the stupid teams that paid their over the top contracts....

And I doubt those clowns are shedding any tears either. You know, considering they both have landed contracts worth hundreds of millions.

So they'll be OK, no matter what......

Old 08-03-2013, 03:37 AM   #28
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2810 Times on 1930 Posts
Likes Given: 564

TO me, I never idolized any of these athletes of the current Era or the last. I was a player in HS, and would have played in college after active duty but my injuries precluded that.. I took my skill and became a Coach, Teacher, Writer, and Scout, but I don't stand these guys on a pedestal, and I find when you treat them normally they will talk to you normally, not down to you. I have built relationships with many current and former NFL & NCAA Players & coaches, but if my wife didn't push me back into it, I would have walked away for good.

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-03-2013, 03:47 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6747 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

I can't wait till Hockey starts.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:58 AM   #30
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 916 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I love to listen to baseball on the radio when working in my shop. I love to watch football on tv when it gets too cold to be outside. When the Indians or Browns lose I am upset for about 37 1/2 seconds then I get on with life. I doubt I could name 4 of the starting Indians or any of the starting Browns, the games are fun to watch, the people playing interest me not at all.

As for the money aspect the problem is that 60,000 people aren't going to pay to watch a teacher or a soldiers wife every sunday like they will a game let alone the tv money. It is a sometimes sad fact that we are all worth what someone is willing to pay us for what we do. Many of us are worth more (teachers, soldiers) but reality rears its ugly head.