Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Does anyone really give a poo about A-Wads troubles? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/does-anyone-really-give-poo-about-wads-troubles-94797/)

WebleyFosbery38 08-01-2013 12:22 PM

Does anyone really give a poo about A-Wads troubles?

This may be a Political Section thing; Mods ,move it please if you think it should be----

I will start by saying I really dont care much for traditional sports or their participants. Baseball lost me as a supporter the second time they went on strike cause 10 million a year wasnt enough (I was in Basic Training making about 40 cents an hour)!

We keep hearing about A-Wad and his possible permanent suspension from the sport cause he induced his success via steroids. Does anyone really care about this? He's already made 350 million dollars, why not just walk off the field with a little honor and enjoy the rest of his life, $350,000,000 isnt enough?

As far as steroids and other enhancement drugs, why dont they just let them fry themselves with them and get it over with, if younger players see them dying at 30 years old, they will decide not to do it? After all, the Leagues and the fans really want the records to be broken yet the human body is only capable of so much without outside influences. Isnt it time we admit the best isnt yet to come, its already come and gone and to be better than the best, you will need pills or shots of something!

Just my opinion, but I dont have much love for whining Millionaires either!

c3shooter 08-01-2013 12:39 PM

*trying to give a poo*

POO POO POO POO POO POO POO POO POO

*Giving a poo failed*

Nope- I got nothing.

winds-of-change 08-01-2013 01:05 PM

Finally, my chance to use a raunchy emoticon!!

Naw, thought better of it and decided not to. I have a ton of raunchy emoticons I'm afraid to use.

I don't care what Arod does.

rockratt 08-01-2013 01:39 PM

Who???????????

303tom 08-01-2013 03:42 PM

Don`t care one way or the other, I do NOT patronize Pro Sports, NO one should get paid that much money to play a GAME. I play the GAME of life every day & I don`t make that much. Are any of you telling me that if you had a sprained pinky you could lay off work for a month & still make 10`s of thousands of dollars ?............

rifleman1 08-01-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockratt (Post 1322412)
Who???????????

exactly......

vincent 08-01-2013 03:51 PM

The sports media is just as bad as the MSM...

Tons of other positive stuff to talk about...(kid out of nowhere, tears in his eyes, about to become, the Masters champ...;) )

But they love to focus in on the pure crap, cheating, malevolence and criminality of these "role models"...

A-Roid can suck it

cblowe13 08-01-2013 04:00 PM

They should have a steriod baseball league that would be interesting

TekGreg 08-01-2013 04:10 PM

Webley, thank you for posting this thread. You see, I have a confession...

I'm a man, and...and....

I don't follow professional sports. There, I've said it! :eek::eek::eek:

I've always felt like too big of a deal was made over statistics and living vicariously through the sports "heroes." Then the marketing came - $300 for a pair of sneakers made in Singapore by child labor, worth about $22 of materials.

My heroes have always been real men: My father who worked all his life only to die when I was five on Christmas Day to three strokes. My neighbor, who took me under his wing and played surrogate father, instilling in me every bit of common sense I currently have and never mentioning he won a Silver Star in Korea for being one of four surviving members of his battalion (found medal and got story from wife). Or Gregory "Pappy" Boyington, WWII Ace, who my neighbor knew and introduced me to one time.

I guess I have a different view of the "Men" one should admire, and none of them include over-paid, under-educated college students.

danf_fl 08-01-2013 04:25 PM

Wasn't there a government inquiry into steroids and baseball?

Does it seem like the inquiry had any affect?