Do you tell your wife about gun buys? - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Do you tell your wife about gun buys?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 04:28 AM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1291 Times on 627 Posts
Likes Given: 77

I have been married damn near 40 years, so my wife and I know how to work together and get along. She buys things, I buy things. If it is a minor purchase, it is a minor detail, and we don't sweat the minor deals.

I buy about one gun a year. I save some money out of each paycheck, and throw change into a jar. I cash that in and buy a gun. Now, since I like to play with it for a while, I am satisfied with that. I bought a Shield in October, and am very happy playing with that and the other toys, so though I am saving money for the next one. I don't even have a clue as to what I will want yet.

Since I am not taking cash out of operating funds or savings, my wife has no problems with what I buy. I do tell her I am buying it, but she has no comment or it.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:50 AM   #72

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
When you are married you are a single entity, or should be. If you are deceptive about your gun purchases I contend you will not be honest in other areas of the relationship. We discuss all major purchases and it seems to work for us.

Think about it like this, if your were in business with a partner and that partner suggest to cheat on taxes, how long will it be before he cheats you. It's called character. Jmo
You are very insightful. My exhusband lied about gun purchases and Reloading equipment. He would have no problem spending money on the things he wanted and I had to figure out how to fix things when the mortgage check bounced. I didn't get nice purses or nice shoes. I had to work over time. 70 hours a week was my norm. Which also gave him plenty of time to cheat with other women. I hope he's reading this, cuz he knows its all true.
Ironically, since I was the one with a good paying job, I didn't have money problems after we split. So, I can afford to buy any firearm I wish and I have lots of fun at the range.
He had to sell all his just to pay his bills. Karma????
Old 12-09-2012, 04:54 AM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 185 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 501

I have always kept her in the loop, keep her in the loop now and will always keep her in the loop. It's just easier that way!

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-09-2012, 05:06 AM   #74
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 235 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 66

My wife is an easy going. Tell or not tell.. she will find out eventually or will ask me once in a while. Last week ahe just asked me how many firearms in total i owned. Last time, a year ago she knew it was 4. I told her now i have 8 (actually 10, lol). Not including the previous ones i sold. She just smiled and said "Will you be able to hold (shoot) all those 8 with your hands? She knows this is my hobby and sometimes i make money out of it by selling parts and accessories locally.