Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Do you tell your wife about gun buys?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 02:36 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I tend to buy her a gun that she wants first then i buy a gun that i want. Right now I think she has one more gun than I. So i'm wondering what one to get. LOL

The un-written and un-spoken arrangement works.

- Gloves
"When the situation gets too hot, put Gloves on"
or
"If the gun is cold to the touch, put Gloves on" -RustyShackleford101

Old 12-07-2012, 02:38 AM   #62

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
I traded my ex-wife for a cheep bottle of whiskey and a pack of smokes a long time ago so I do what I want and if money allows I buy what I want.
I haven't even told the wife about my other wife. They both seem happier with me as a part time husband. LOL

Old 12-08-2012, 12:33 AM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 832 Times on 504 Posts
Likes Given: 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
This comment angers me. When I was married I was a stay at home Mom. Cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, paying the bills, raising the kids, laundry, etc. So, since I wasn't "making any money", I wasn't allowed to buy what I wanted or know what he was spending the money on? Totally unfair argument and smacks of "I'm more important than you."

One time my husband tried that **** statement on me. I offered to quit doing all I do around the house and he can hire someone to do all the chores and see how much it cost him. He didn't earn enough money to hire a private cook, personal shopper, finance manager, nanny, laundress, etc.

I am like you, ZG. I don't have many clothes at all. I have 4 pairs of shoes. I don't even carry a purse but more of a small wallet type thing.

I am very, very low maintenance. I never want anything for Christmas or my birthday. It ticks the kids off. LOL
SWMBO and I were talking the other day. She has a fairly high paying part time job and was thinking about going to a lower paying full time job. Besides the fact it's equivalent money, I enjoy her canning, gardening, working around the house. I'm working on a new position that may allow her to quit all together. Material samaterial As long as there food in the pantry, ammo in the ammo cans, gas in the cars, I'm happy

I need some new shoes tho She buys $10 on sale for $5, I like mine a little higher grade that lasts a bit longer. 4/5 years old, beginning to fall apart

Old 12-08-2012, 12:44 AM   #64

Liked 684 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9rt1
How many of you honestly keep the wife in the loop of gun related purchases? Do you have any CC's that you use strictly for gun purchases that the spouse doesn't know about? How many if any have been busted by the wife and what was the outcome? Counseling, divorce?
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. She's my wife, not my mother. I'm buying a corvette tomorrow and have yet to tell her.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 12-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #65

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Yes, absolutely. I even tell her when I am thinking about it. Not my wife yet, but live together fiance. Helped me stay sane through a divorce from a 28 yr marriage. Funny thing; she is a yoga instructor, ex liberal fanatic who now votes for common sense. She even eats meat now and then, tk

Old 12-08-2012, 01:06 AM   #66
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 856 Times on 412 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Maybe I am in the minority but all of these comments about women and shoes/purses makes me shake my head. I have two pairs of dress shoes, gym shoes, and cheap flip flops. I have one purse that I carry until it's falling apart. I guess I'm just not girlie..... I don't understand the shoe and purse fetish.
WOW, will you marry me!!!!!! : )

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings
US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team member
Alway keep your six covered

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-08-2012, 01:19 AM   #67
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20831 Times on 11847 Posts
Likes Given: 52360

i don't really hide it from my wife as she knows when i go to my LGS, there is the chance if might buy one. sometimes it might be a little while before she sees one of the new guns, as she likes shooting them, but is not really into some of the techinacal aspects of guns like some of us enthuisasts are. personally i don't think keeping secrets or hiding things from your spouse is a good idea.

BTW, even the shoes, clothes or handbag argument wouldn't work either. my wife pretty much only buys those things when she absolutely has to. sometimes if we are going out of town for a long weekend, or some special occasion she might buy something new to wear. my wife is pretty sensible about spending money on clothes.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:36 AM   #68

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Shoot mine will leave shooting mags with the pages dog eared of the ones she wants.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:44 AM   #69
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1726 Times on 958 Posts
Likes Given: 5263

I haven't bought any new guns in years. I have had THAT ONE for years.

Email your representatives USE THIS LINK

KG7IL

Old 12-08-2012, 02:37 AM   #70

Liked 1092 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearhunter

WOW, will you marry me!!!!!! : )
Sorry, she's taken already!!!