Do you tell your wife about gun buys? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Do you tell your wife about gun buys?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #51
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7621 Times on 4583 Posts
Likes Given: 9505

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
But sometimes I use the well I make the money card.
This comment angers me. When I was married I was a stay at home Mom. Cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, paying the bills, raising the kids, laundry, etc. So, since I wasn't "making any money", I wasn't allowed to buy what I wanted or know what he was spending the money on? Totally unfair argument and smacks of "I'm more important than you."

One time my husband tried that **** statement on me. I offered to quit doing all I do around the house and he can hire someone to do all the chores and see how much it cost him. He didn't earn enough money to hire a private cook, personal shopper, finance manager, nanny, laundress, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
I have two pairs of dress shoes, gym shoes, and cheap flip flops. I have one purse that I carry until it's falling apart. I guess I'm just not girlie..... I don't understand the shoe and purse fetish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
My wife is probably the least materialistic person I know. She never wants or needs anything big. If you include my hunting boots, I own more shoes than she does. Never seen her spend more than $20 on a purse and she uses one until it is literally falling apart.

I am like you, ZG. I don't have many clothes at all. I have 4 pairs of shoes. I don't even carry a purse but more of a small wallet type thing.

I am very, very low maintenance. I never want anything for Christmas or my birthday. It ticks the kids off. LOL

Old 12-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #52
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I'm single, so no rules.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #53

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

My wife had the option of staying home for a while when my daughter was born. I think for her sanity it was wiser for her to work. Being a stay at home mom/dad is way more than a full time job. I would rather work!!

Old 12-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1817 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

This comment angers me. When I was married I was a stay at home Mom. Cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, paying the bills, raising the kids, laundry, etc. So, since I wasn't "making any money", I wasn't allowed to buy what I wanted or know what he was spending the money on? Totally unfair argument and smacks of "I'm more important than you."

One time my husband tried that **** statement on me. I offered to quit doing all I do around the house and he can hire someone to do all the chores and see how much it cost him. He didn't earn enough money to hire a private cook, personal shopper, finance manager, nanny, laundress, etc.

I am like you, ZG. I don't have many clothes at all. I have 4 pairs of shoes. I don't even carry a purse but more of a small wallet type thing.

I am very, very low maintenance. I never want anything for Christmas or my birthday. It ticks the kids off. LOL
But I am like you too Winds in that I have a ton of nail polish. That's my one girlie thing.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #55
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7621 Times on 4583 Posts
Likes Given: 9505

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I'm single, so no rules.
Me, too. The only one telling me "no" is my budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
But I am like you too Winds in that I have a ton of nail polish. That's my one girlie thing.
Ssshhhh.....you let out my secret!! But at least nail polish doesn't cost $500.00 like a Coach purse. Or $100.0 like a pair of fancy shoes. And I kind of think I am underestimating those prices.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 88 Times on 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

Me, too. The only one telling me "no" is my budget.

Ssshhhh.....you let out my secret!! But at least nail polish doesn't cost $500.00 like a Coach purse. Or $100.0 like a pair of fancy shoes. And I kind of think I am underestimating those prices.
My wife bought an authentic Coach purse for $50. My wife can find a good deal anywhere.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #57

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastrebel70

My wife bought an authentic Coach purse for $50. My wife can find a good deal anywhere.
And you believed her? Lol.... Jk
Old 12-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I tell her when I buy guns or I would have a lot of explaining to do with the amount of guns I have.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 88 Times on 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagerun View Post

And you believed her? Lol.... Jk
Actually I was with her when she got it out I wouldn't have. lol

Old 12-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #60

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I traded my ex-wife for a cheep bottle of whiskey and a pack of smokes a long time ago so I do what I want and if money allows I buy what I want.