Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Do you tell your wife about gun buys?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 02:34 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1120 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1995

So long as our bills are paid , we have food on the table and everyone happy , Its all good here

Old 12-06-2012, 03:09 AM   #42

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I'm still trying to figure out these separate accounts. If you're married you are one and one account. I never knew I had my money and ZG had hers.:::

Old 12-06-2012, 03:53 AM   #43

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
I'm still trying to figure out these separate accounts. If you're married you are one and one account. I never knew I had my money and ZG had hers.:::
Different folks do things different ways. My wife and I have separate checking accounts, a joint checking and a joint savings. We have no CC debt to speak of and seem to make things work just fine. We don't fight over money, our bills are paid, and we buy what we need/want.

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

Old 12-06-2012, 03:54 AM   #44

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969

Different folks do things different ways. My wife and I have separate checking accounts, a joint checking and a joint savings. We have no CC debt to speak of and seem to make things work just fine. We don't fight over money, our bills are paid, and we buy what we need/want.
Same way my wife and I do.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:07 AM   #45
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1490 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 7363

My wife and I both run our purchases by each other first. The only time I ever got in trouble with her over a gun purchase was when I bought my SKS, and the LGS was out of 7.62X39. All it took was a drive to Buffalo the next day to pick up a few hundred rounds and a trip back to the range for me to get out of the dog house. Neither one of us uses credit cards unless it is a dire emergency. When we do we pay of that debt imediatly. We currently have no credit card debt, and we want to keep it that way.

The ex-wife on the other hand,
I learned that with her it was better to beg forgivness than to ask for permission. She threatened to leave when I picked up an M1 Garand for $200. I offered to help her pack, and told her I could sell the rifle to pay for a lawyer. Three guesses what she wanted (and didn't get) in the divorce!

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Last edited by kfox75; 12-06-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #46

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00
I posted earlier but didn't mention that my wife and i don't share any accounts whether it be checking, savings, credit cards etc. "nothing". She has her own accounts and i have mine. Like i mentioned earlier been happily married 20 yrs and never once had issues with money. I manage my finances and she handles hers. It works out excellent for us.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:23 AM   #47
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7821 Times on 4513 Posts
Likes Given: 10063

My wife has absolutely zero interest in any of my guns. She has her Beretta .25ACP Bobcat and doesn't want any more for herself (though I have offered many times to buy her a more suitable caliber for SD).

I have never used a credit card to purchase a gun. All of them have been straight cash, the money which was obtained through side jobs, trades, or other wheelings and dealings. Sometimes she has noticed a new one, or sometimes she has noticed one I have had forever. The thing is she buys whatever she wants, but only if we can afford it. If I want a gun and I have the cash, I buy it.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #48

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

You got to know right from wrong if you have enuff money to buy something then telling your wife shouldn't be a problem and if you don't have the money then you shouldn't be buying anything..if you are going to lie to your wife then you have no trust and without trust you have nothing

Old 12-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 890 Times on 592 Posts
Likes Given: 1158

Being honest and upfront about everything in a married relationship leads to success. We always discuss purchases or the ear marking a savings fund for a gun purchase etc. We stay within our means meet or monthly living expenses,keep the kids happy college to 3rd grade,and maintain investment and savings. We are quickly approaching our 30 year ann.

We have equal say. She likes guns and tech gadgets as do I. We work together to get it.

Become steel or get cut.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

My wife was with me at the LGS when I put the Security Six on layaway.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams