Do You Remember When? - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Do You Remember When?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #121
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
CRACK . . . what you heard when too many of you when after the puck, while playing hockey after school, on the frozen neighborhood pond in January!
Pond Frozen

SPLASH. What you heard when we all jumped in the pool while Mom cooked Christmas dinner.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #122
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 971 Times on 641 Posts
Likes Given: 1253

I remember buying the real deal M-80's and Cherry Bombs in the very early 60's before they were regulated.... of course you could purchase dynamite, fuse cord and caps at your local farm and machinery store also....

Become steel or get cut.
willshoum Likes This 
Old 10-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #123
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1709 Times on 741 Posts
Likes Given: 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon
I remember buying the real deal M-80's and Cherry Bombs in the very early 60's before they were regulated.... of course you could purchase dynamite, fuse cord and caps at your local farm and machinery store also....
I remember when I was in I think it was the 3rd grade going to a school that had an outhouse. Was setting taking care of business when some brainiac thru an M80 thru the opening in the back under where I was setting. To this day I can't tell you if I was blown out the door or ran out the door. All I remember is one minute i'm taking care of business and the next theres aloud explosion and I am laying about 10 feet out in front of the outhouse, pants around my ankles covered in s--t ,gonads and a$$! On fire and everyone rolling on the ground laughing. I do remember there wasn't enough toilet paper on school grounds to clean me up and it was a stinking afternoon in that class room!!!!

Last edited by rockratt; 10-01-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Steel_Talon Likes This 
Old 10-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #124
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1538

My dad dropped an M-80 down a snake hole in our backyard once never saw that snake again.

Anyone remember the original Wham-o Superballs? A buddy of mine hit one with a ball bat once, last time we saw it, it was at about 150 feet in altitude and still climbing and about 1/2 mile down range.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Last edited by DFlynt; 10-01-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #125

Liked 516 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

I remember back when I was in high school, there was a smoking area for the students.

My how times have changed....

Old 10-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #126
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21581 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

censored..........................

Old 10-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #127
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyshot View Post
I remember back when I was in high school, there was a smoking area for the students.

My how times have changed....
Me, too, only we called it the boys room.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #128
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Me, too, only we called it the boys room.
We had a teacher Doc Frink that would come in every here and there and smoke his cigar in the boys room, said it was less smokey and smelled better than the teachers lounge!

Back then, most kids that could drive to school drove a PU Truck, most of the trucks had Racks with guns and fishing poles in the rear window and during breaks, we would go out and show each other our firearms. It wasnt odd to see a teacher in the group handling the guns or showing his off as well!

Back then, no real boy and most girls carried a pocket knife of some kind and we would play Mumblety peg during lunch. My fishing knife was perfect for it, well balanced!

Once, after a teacher had beat the piss out of my Best friend, his dad and mom came in, dad was hunting when he found out, they were both angry and looking for blood. Dad had his Ruger on his right side, skinner on the left and was in his hunting cammo. Mom slapped the crap out of the teacher and the Principle. Mr Ford never touched another kid that I know of after that. Today, there would have been a swat team there in minutes (Well maybe an hour, its pretty rural) and both Reid and Nona would have spent the next 20 years in prison.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #129
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 674 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 391

Back during WWII new tires were not available at any price. Just about everyone had recaps on their cars. If you were en-route somewhere and blew a tire, you were in deep trouble.

Highway 51, from New Orleans to Chicago, crossed our place about a quarter-mile from our house. Several times a week we would hear cars driving by on the highway, usually headed north, running on rims.

Some would put the rim on the left front, thinking that braking would not pull you into oncoming traffic. Some would take a good tire off the front and run rims on both front wheels. One of my uncles was highway patrol. He never bothered these people. He said if he talked to them he just told them to ‘drive carefully.'

“Too often … we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought,” JFK

Old 10-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #130
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1884 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 2123

Default Crack.............

Most times, the bull whip. The crack of dawn and you was still in bed. Crack was between the boards in the house and on the floors...........Most likly any one that had cracks in the house and you would fill them with cotton, gleaned from the fields................

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........