Do You Remember When? - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Do You Remember When?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 02:23 AM   #101
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8887 Times on 3847 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

Oh, come now- you KNOW you wanted a red & white Ford Torino- just like Starky & Hutch's car. And you thought Robert Blake had a really cool white Cockatoo in Baretta.

Now, about your thoughts about the 3 sisters from Petticoat Junction and Barbara Eden (Dream of Jeannie). However, Daisy Duke was about the time your hormones were REALLY starting to kick in-

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:47 AM   #102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1246 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 2524

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Oh, come now- you KNOW you wanted a red & white Ford Torino- just like Starky & Hutch's car. And you thought Robert Blake had a really cool white Cockatoo in Baretta.
That's what I'm talking about. How could ya'll tell us that was cool. We were young and didn't know any better. Notice you don't see Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson remaking anything John Wayne did!

Quote:
Now, about your thoughts about the 3 sisters from Petticoat Junction and Barbara Eden (Dream of Jeannie). However, Daisy Duke was about the time your hormones were REALLY starting to kick in-
Pettycoat junction ended in 1970. All I got to see were reruns and I knew then that I would never get to see the inside of that water tank. Same thing with I Dream of Jeannie. It ended in 1970 too. Now Daisy got my attention but the Dukes didn't come on until '79. Maybe that's why the 80's were so great?

Old 10-01-2013, 03:04 AM   #103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1539

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
Ya'll couldn't even elect a president for the entire freaking decade!!! Nixon, Ford, and Carter....I mean damn what were ya'll thinking!!!!! How do you elect those three all in one decade?????? And two of them were Republicans so I don't want to hear any partisan crap!!!!
Of the 3, Ford was never elected to the Presidency, he became VP when Agnew resigned, then became President when Nixon resigned, Nelson Rockefeller became Ford's VP and then Ford lost the 1976 election.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 10-01-2013, 03:16 AM   #104
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Of the 3, Ford was never elected to the Presidency, he became VP when Agnew resigned, then became President when Nixon resigned, Nelson Rockefeller became Ford's VP and then Ford lost the 1976 election.
That's even worse! Ford was the best of the three and he was such a klutz that he managed to just stumble into office!

Old 10-01-2013, 03:31 AM   #105
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
That's what I'm talking about. How could ya'll tell us that was cool. We were young and didn't know any better. Notice you don't see Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson remaking anything John Wayne did!

Pettycoat junction ended in 1970. All I got to see were reruns and I knew then that I would never get to see the inside of that water tank. Same thing with I Dream of Jeannie. It ended in 1970 too. Now Daisy got my attention but the Dukes didn't come on until '79. Maybe that's why the 80's were so great?
because, no one can fill the Duke's shoes.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:14 AM   #106
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2150 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
Do you remember when the Hansons were the big hit boy band?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHozn0YXAeE
That's pretty cute little girl. Here's a lollipop. Now go play in the road.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 10-01-2013, 05:16 AM   #107
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2150 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 777

Quote:

Loved the car. Really wanted to make that bird disappear however.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 10-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #108
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Ya'll couldn't even elect a president for the entire freaking decade!!! Nixon, Ford, and Carter....I mean damn what were ya'll thinking!!!!! How do you elect those three all in one decade?????? And two of them were Republicans so I don't want to hear any partisan crap!!!!
The sad part about Nixon was he got caught doing what they were all doing. As a foreign policy president without a doubt he was one of the best. He's also one of the few presidents that actually kept a campaign promise. He said he would get us out of Vietnam, and he did.

As far as the rest of your post, what generation do you think gave you the personal computer? That's right. If it wasn't for my generation you would have gone through puberty turning pages instead of clicking a mouse. Take that ya little whippersnapper.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #109
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
The sad part about Nixon was he got caught doing what they were all doing. As a foreign policy president without a doubt he was one of the best. He's also one of the few presidents that actually kept a campaign promise. He said he would get us out of Vietnam, and he did.

As far as the rest of your post, what generation do you think gave you the personal computer? That's right. If it wasn't for my generation you would have gone through puberty turning pages instead of clicking a mouse. Take that ya little whippersnapper.
See, ya'll just blacked out for 10 years and can't even remember that decade. Yes ya'll gave us the PC, and it had a giant monochrome green screen monitor and then we had to write the programs for it in basic. Sort of explains my generation writing the Matrix doesn't it? So I still had to spend puberty flipping pages because ya'll couldn't even get the computer right . It took my generation to say "Why don't you make monitors like a TV? And hey why not hook all these computers together with color monitors?"

Now go knock the dust off your bong and watch another Cheach and Chong movie.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #110
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
See, ya'll just blacked out for 10 years and can't even remember that decade. Yes ya'll gave us the PC, and it had a giant monochrome green screen monitor and then we had to write the programs for it in basic. Sort of explains my generation writing the Matrix doesn't it? So I still had to spend puberty flipping pages because ya'll couldn't even get the computer right . It took my generation to say "Why don't you make monitors like a TV? And hey why not hook all these computers together with color monitors?"

Now go knock the dust off your bong and watch another Cheach and Chong movie.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. If it wasn't for a group of people my age, and one who was born a couple years after I was, you would still be sorting punch cards into the shape of your fantasy girl. <grin>

As a side note, I was 35 years old before I ever saw Yellow Submarine without some kind of buzz on. It just wasn't the same. <sigh> If you ever hear somebody say they remember the '70's, don't believe it.