Do You Remember When? - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Do You Remember When?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 02:23 AM   #101
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 16,719
Liked 8887 Times on 3847 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

Default

Oh, come now- you KNOW you wanted a red & white Ford Torino- just like Starky & Hutch's car. And you thought Robert Blake had a really cool white Cockatoo in Baretta.

Now, about your thoughts about the 3 sisters from Petticoat Junction and Barbara Eden (Dream of Jeannie). However, Daisy Duke was about the time your hormones were REALLY starting to kick in-

__________________

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

c3shooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:47 AM   #102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TLuker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: S.C.
Posts: 2,678
Liked 1246 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 2524

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Oh, come now- you KNOW you wanted a red & white Ford Torino- just like Starky & Hutch's car. And you thought Robert Blake had a really cool white Cockatoo in Baretta.
That's what I'm talking about. How could ya'll tell us that was cool. We were young and didn't know any better. Notice you don't see Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson remaking anything John Wayne did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Now, about your thoughts about the 3 sisters from Petticoat Junction and Barbara Eden (Dream of Jeannie). However, Daisy Duke was about the time your hormones were REALLY starting to kick in-
Pettycoat junction ended in 1970. All I got to see were reruns and I knew then that I would never get to see the inside of that water tank. Same thing with I Dream of Jeannie. It ended in 1970 too. Now Daisy got my attention but the Dukes didn't come on until '79. Maybe that's why the 80's were so great?
__________________
TLuker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:04 AM   #103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DFlynt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Festus, Missouri
Posts: 3,041
Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1539

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
Ya'll couldn't even elect a president for the entire freaking decade!!! Nixon, Ford, and Carter....I mean damn what were ya'll thinking!!!!! How do you elect those three all in one decade?????? And two of them were Republicans so I don't want to hear any partisan crap!!!!
Of the 3, Ford was never elected to the Presidency, he became VP when Agnew resigned, then became President when Nixon resigned, Nelson Rockefeller became Ford's VP and then Ford lost the 1976 election.
__________________

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

DFlynt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:16 AM   #104
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TLuker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: S.C.
Posts: 2,678
Liked 1246 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 2524

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Of the 3, Ford was never elected to the Presidency, he became VP when Agnew resigned, then became President when Nixon resigned, Nelson Rockefeller became Ford's VP and then Ford lost the 1976 election.
That's even worse! Ford was the best of the three and he was such a klutz that he managed to just stumble into office!
__________________
TLuker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:31 AM   #105
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
That's what I'm talking about. How could ya'll tell us that was cool. We were young and didn't know any better. Notice you don't see Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson remaking anything John Wayne did!



Pettycoat junction ended in 1970. All I got to see were reruns and I knew then that I would never get to see the inside of that water tank. Same thing with I Dream of Jeannie. It ended in 1970 too. Now Daisy got my attention but the Dukes didn't come on until '79. Maybe that's why the 80's were so great?
because, no one can fill the Duke's shoes.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:14 AM   #106
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,786
Liked 2150 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 777

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
Do you remember when the Hansons were the big hit boy band?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHozn0YXAeE
That's pretty cute little girl. Here's a lollipop. Now go play in the road.
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:16 AM   #107
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,786
Liked 2150 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 777

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Oh, come now- you KNOW you wanted a red & white Ford Torino- just like Starky & Hutch's car. And you thought Robert Blake had a really cool white Cockatoo in Baretta.

Now, about your thoughts about the 3 sisters from Petticoat Junction and Barbara Eden (Dream of Jeannie). However, Daisy Duke was about the time your hormones were REALLY starting to kick in-
Loved the car. Really wanted to make that bird disappear however.
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #108
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,831
Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default

Quote:
Ya'll couldn't even elect a president for the entire freaking decade!!! Nixon, Ford, and Carter....I mean damn what were ya'll thinking!!!!! How do you elect those three all in one decade?????? And two of them were Republicans so I don't want to hear any partisan crap!!!!
The sad part about Nixon was he got caught doing what they were all doing. As a foreign policy president without a doubt he was one of the best. He's also one of the few presidents that actually kept a campaign promise. He said he would get us out of Vietnam, and he did.

As far as the rest of your post, what generation do you think gave you the personal computer? That's right. If it wasn't for my generation you would have gone through puberty turning pages instead of clicking a mouse. Take that ya little whippersnapper.
__________________
Doc3402 is offline  
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #109
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TLuker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: S.C.
Posts: 2,678
Liked 1246 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 2524

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
The sad part about Nixon was he got caught doing what they were all doing. As a foreign policy president without a doubt he was one of the best. He's also one of the few presidents that actually kept a campaign promise. He said he would get us out of Vietnam, and he did.

As far as the rest of your post, what generation do you think gave you the personal computer? That's right. If it wasn't for my generation you would have gone through puberty turning pages instead of clicking a mouse. Take that ya little whippersnapper.
See, ya'll just blacked out for 10 years and can't even remember that decade. Yes ya'll gave us the PC, and it had a giant monochrome green screen monitor and then we had to write the programs for it in basic. Sort of explains my generation writing the Matrix doesn't it? So I still had to spend puberty flipping pages because ya'll couldn't even get the computer right . It took my generation to say "Why don't you make monitors like a TV? And hey why not hook all these computers together with color monitors?"

Now go knock the dust off your bong and watch another Cheach and Chong movie.
__________________
TLuker is offline  
Anna_Purna Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #110
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,831
Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
See, ya'll just blacked out for 10 years and can't even remember that decade. Yes ya'll gave us the PC, and it had a giant monochrome green screen monitor and then we had to write the programs for it in basic. Sort of explains my generation writing the Matrix doesn't it? So I still had to spend puberty flipping pages because ya'll couldn't even get the computer right . It took my generation to say "Why don't you make monitors like a TV? And hey why not hook all these computers together with color monitors?"

Now go knock the dust off your bong and watch another Cheach and Chong movie.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. If it wasn't for a group of people my age, and one who was born a couple years after I was, you would still be sorting punch cards into the shape of your fantasy girl. <grin>

As a side note, I was 35 years old before I ever saw Yellow Submarine without some kind of buzz on. It just wasn't the same. <sigh> If you ever hear somebody say they remember the '70's, don't believe it.
__________________
Doc3402 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone remember Hee Haw ScottA The Club House 35 07-23-2013 10:59 PM
Anybody remember this azz hat? vincent The Club House 20 09-01-2012 10:43 PM
A day I will remember. Ploofy The Club House 4 05-21-2011 03:17 AM
Remember when... jpattersonnh Ammunition & Reloading 0 05-13-2011 08:14 PM